Procal vs. Superchips vs. Hypertech Max Energy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Procal vs. Superchips vs. Hypertech Max Energy

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
JugglingSuns120
2010 JK Wrangler 

Procal vs. Superchips vs. Hypertech Max Energy

I am looking for a programmer and was wondering what peoples experience with the above listed options are. I know the Procal is the simplest option of the bunch (and cheapest) but doesn't have the ability to read/clear codes. Superchips and Hypertech offer two different options one with engine tune options and one without.

Does anyone have any experience good or bad with any of them? I am not sure the tunes would be worth the extra money and the Superchips Flashcal appears to give me the most bang for the buck.

JugglingSuns120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I like the Superchips Flashpaq for the 3.8L. Can't speak for the 3.6l. We have 3 Jeeps and 2 trucks all with Superchips. The tunes do make a difference.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

I have the superchips trail dash. Been running it for about a month. I am currently running the 93 octane tune. Definitely a noticeable difference over stock. I haven't tried any of the other maps yet... Why would I

A vendor on this sight was running a special on the Superchips product line so i got a ridiculous deal, which is why I went with Superchips. Can't really say if its better than its competitors.
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm afraid that I'm biased for the AEV Procal Module, because-

I've regeared (not for gas mileage)and the heavy jeep operates very well at off-road/on-road/towing/mileage/hill climbing/especially off-road towing up hills and has immediate response/performance !

I still use 87 octane-

Good luck

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
JugglingSuns120
2010 JK Wrangler 

After some consideration of what I am looking for I think the flashcal by superchips is going to be the right price/combo for me. I know I will be doing gears in the not too distant future and will be hoping that gives me the responsiveness I want out of the jeep. The ability to read and clear diagnostic codes is what sold me on the superchips over the procal.
JugglingSuns120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.