Problems with sisters 2011 Wrangler sport - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Problems with sisters 2011 Wrangler sport

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 03-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Problems with sisters 2011 Wrangler sport

I swear I have heard of someone having this same problem, but can't seem to track it down.
My sister has a 2011 2 dr Wrangler sport. Her son called her saying that he had got his car stuck in the snow up fishing at a local reservoir and needed to be pulled out.
She went up, put the jeep in 4 low, pulled him out with little effort, but when she took the jeep out of 4 wheel, she said the ECO display was stuck on, and the Jeep would not rev over 2500 rpm.
They disconnected the battery for a while and my brother looking through the owners manual, went through the instructions to take it out of "tow" mode?
One of those seemed to clear it up but I'm still concerned and confused as to what the heck happened....
Anyone else experience this??

paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
rchase559
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It would help if you posted this in the JK section. No TJs have any ECO or towing modes.
rchase559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Did I put it in the wrong forum? Oops...
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
I swear I have heard of someone having this same problem, but can't seem to track it down.
My sister has a 2011 2 dr Wrangler sport. Her son called her saying that he had got his car stuck in the snow up fishing at a local reservoir and needed to be pulled out.
She went up, put the jeep in 4 low, pulled him out with little effort, but when she took the jeep out of 4 wheel, she said the ECO display was stuck on, and the Jeep would not rev over 2500 rpm.
They disconnected the battery for a while and my brother looking through the owners manual, went through the instructions to take it out of "tow" mode?
One of those seemed to clear it up but I'm still concerned and confused as to what the heck happened....
Anyone else experience this??
It could be possible it didn't fully disengage out of 4 low. You need to roll it, trans. in neutral then shift t-case out of 4 low up into 2wd. The eco light is for "economy" it pops on and off when the computer senses the engine is using less fuel and creating less emissions. Why it came on reving like that ?? As far as "tow mode" that only has to do with transmission shifting while towing a trailer. How long was it only able to rev to 2500 rpm? and was it shifting and driving?

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

also sh may have had it in 1st with auto trans if you accedently slap the the stick to the left you can manualy change gears I do that by accdent all the time with my wife sticking her purse there you will get high rev's like that.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hers is the 6 spd standard..
I don't know, I'm stumped. I don't know why the ECO light would be stuck on. I hadn't heard that the Wranglers had any kind of a Tow mode, but the owners manual mentioned it.
Se was adamant that the engine would not rev over 2500 rpm. It sounded to me like she somehow got it stuck in a limp mode.. Apparently disconnecting the battery for a half hour or so cleared it up.. Maybe a sensor just lost its mind or something...?
Unread 03-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
Yendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like a "Larry the Cable Guy" opening liner. My sister's jeep......
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
MeatCurtains
2012 JK Wrangler 

There is a tow mode for towing the jeep and that is when you put the tcase in neutral.

Are you sure it shifted out of 4wd
MeatCurtains is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #9
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatCurtains
There is a tow mode for towing the jeep and that is when you put the tcase in neutral.

Are you sure it shifted out of 4wd
That's for flat towing the wrangler. The .tow mode only applies to automatic transmissions. It simply shuts off overdrive to keep it from "hunting" gears.
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Good morning Dag, does your '09 have that dash icon ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
That's for flat towing the wrangler. The .tow mode only applies to automatic transmissions. It simply shuts off overdrive to keep it from "hunting" gears.
I don't haveit in my '08 JKUR-probably atarted in '09-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #11
cphilip
2010 JK Wrangler 

The Eco light is not a "mode" as such. Its simply a light that tells you when you are driving and shifting in an economical manner. It doesn't control anything or change anything when your displaying it. It is in the rotation of display. Its display would be a coincidental issue I would think.
cphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
The Eco light is not a "mode" as such. Its simply a light that tells you when you are driving and shifting in an economical manner. It doesn't control anything or change anything when your displaying it. It is in the rotation of display. Its display would be a coincidental issue I would think.
I know...all part of the mystery. She said it was on solid.
Guess we chalk this one up to the flying spaghetti monster??
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

if it would not go over 2500 rpm, but no "limp mod" check light? does seems odd

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.