Pro comp wheel and tire combo; your thoughts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Pro comp wheel and tire combo; your thoughts

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO April Instant Rebate: Up to $75 off Flowmaster Products!50% Off Sale at KrawlOff-Road.com

Unread 03-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #1
NapaWheeler
2011 JK Wrangler 

Pro comp wheel and tire combo; your thoughts

It is finally time to replace the factory tires on my JKU and I'd like to go bigger and wider. The set of 5 Pro Comps on steel wheels is a good price point for me, and it looks like they'll ship them for free. What are your thoughts on these ProComps, good or bad?
Thanks

Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrain Radial Tire on 51 Series Steel Wheel Qty 5
For 07-12 Jeep® Vehicles with 5x5 Bolt Pattern
92609.2303.P5.07
285/70R17 on 17" x 9" 4.25" BS $1907.80

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92609_230X_P5A_PG.htm

NapaWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
Z-OR

Not a good deal.

Check out America's Tire. You can get a set of five alloy wheels, plus five real BFG ATs for about the same price. The will slap them all on for you, put your TPMS sensors in for you.

BFG ATs have a great reputation. ProComp tires are the house brand and the feedback seems to be... mixed

And if something goes wrong with anything from America's, you have a local store to go to.

Good luck and enjoy you Jeep.
Z-OR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2015, 04:10 PM   #3
Oscspaul
2015 JK Wrangler 

pro comp rims

I just put 5 17x8 4.25 BS Pro comp 98 series on my Willy's wheeler and 5 Goodyear Duratracs 285/70/. It was expense, $2400 pro comps don't come with caps so there is another expense and lugs were another expense. Supposedly pro comp TPMS senors are more expense also. I think they took me there. But I like the way it looks. Also Pro Comp 98s only 32 lbs Stock wheels were 27.
dscf2004.jpg  
Unread 03-10-2015, 06:12 PM   #4
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

it's your Jeep

Maybe I went high end or something. I went with this from 4 Wheel Parts:
  • $709.98 - 5x ProComp Series 5035 Predator, 17x8.5 with 5 on 5 Bolt Pattern - Satin Black
  • $1469.95 - 5x Goodyear LT315/70R17, Duratrac
  • $159.99 - 5x Tire Pressure Monitor System
  • $49.99 - ProComp spline lug nuts (they seriously charged extra for a required part)
  • $49.95 - mounting and balancing

Total was about $2400 but I'm happy.

Moral of the story:

It's Your Jeep!

Shop around, find what you like for the best price you can get and Be Happy!

Bug-Out! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...build-1568531/

I don't always go topless, but when I do I go Commando!
wilgeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #5
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

oscspaul, your jeep looks awesome.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2015, 05:38 AM   #6
Oscspaul
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy View Post
oscspaul, your jeep looks awesome.
Thanks, but I looked at alot of pictures of JKs and this was done before me. must give kudos to SHYUperman. Saw his pic in leving kit & 33s thread. I just chose different rims and will have a different bumper

Will have pictures tomorrow with plow on it. The welder says the mount is at same height as front axle which won't come into play with wheeling.
Oscspaul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2015, 02:11 PM   #7
Eviljedi

Check out AutoAnything.com
I picked up the Pro Comp. 5035, 17x8.5, $600 for all 5. Free shipping, with 1yr price guarantee. I'm waiting for 285/70r17 fierce attitude MT tires, they have good reviews and are made by Good Year. Mavis tire has them for around $1300. Also ordered Gorilla locking lugs from Summit racing. $75 set, shipped.

It should be all together this week, hoping it looks good.
Eviljedi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.