Prevent slush on top of rear fender? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Prevent slush on top of rear fender?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 01-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
xycarp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Prevent slush on top of rear fender?

I have a new Wangle Sport without side steps or mud flaps. My back fenders are getting covered in slush when I drive in the snow. When my kids get in and out of the back seat they are soaking their pants.

I think I need to add steps for them to get in and out anyway...

1. Will adding OEM side steps catch the slush from the front tires?
2. What about nerf bars?
2. Will I also need to add mud flaps to the front fenders?

thanks,

Mark

xycarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
liveflatout
2007 JK Wrangler 

When I has my stock step bars on it did catch most of the crap. With a lift and 33's and no side steps in is crazy how much flies up and all over the side of the Jeep. I would say mud guards are the beat option if you don't want side steps.
liveflatout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mud flaps/guards are your best choice, but the factory side step is fairly solid and will catch most debris.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.