Power train inspection - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Power train inspection

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #16
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx
Seems like anything they thought was bad should have been covered by the warranty whether it was bad or not.
Yup. Doesn't seem right or fair.

Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #17
wb2510
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiblet
Yup. Doesn't seem right or fair.
Yes I would question that charge.
wb2510
Late Jeep Club #3
wb2510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #18
ncb

OP, has your JK been maintained/serviced by the dealer?
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #19
goudax3
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
OP, has your JK been maintained/serviced by the dealer?
No, I do most all the work myself unless I need a oil change or something similar when we are traveling or down south for the winter. I have only had it into the dealer for a couple recalls. The day I bought it, Chrysler declared bankruptcy and the the dealer was no longer a Chrysler dealer. So I had to find a different servicing dealer much further away. Got a good deal though.
goudax3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #20
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

IMHO you shouldn't have been charged for that. I'd contact the Chrysler Customer Center and log a concern. Doesn't sound like they knew what they were doing. Ugly looking rear differential lube is fairly common, it's the lube doing its job. Jeep doesn't call for regular differential fluid changes on the JK. I can't recall the exact mileage when it's called for, but in routine use it's fairly high mileage. If you had no differential noises or other issues there was no reaon to tear it down. A simple fluid change, which on a JK is as simple as it gets, would have sufficed. Again, just my humble opinion.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.