Potential 2012 Pentastar issue? - Page 37 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Potential 2012 Pentastar issue?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #541
Apollo821
2012 JK Wrangler 

Dropped my '12 JKU off with the dealer yesterday. Now I'm rocking an Opel Corsa

Apollo821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #542
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo821
Is it typical to expect a loaner if they're going to keep my Jeep for more than a few hours? Whats been everyones experience? I am dropping mine off Monday to start the process (and show him the links someone provided!).
Depends on the dealership. The one I went through advertises free loaners to anyone who buys a vehicle from them.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #543
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Besides the ticking sound, what exactly is detrimental? What I mean is, what would happen if you don't get it fixed?
Unread 09-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #544
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo821 View Post
Dropped my '12 JKU off with the dealer yesterday. Now I'm rocking an Opel Corsa
I had to do a double-take before I looked at your location.

When my old Focus was new, I had a fuel pump fail under warranty. The dealer gave me a Suzuki Aerio, which is in the same class...but that was hands-down the worst car I've ever driven, and it only had about 3k miles on it. It was like every bad car cliche rolled into one crappy plastic-clad package.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #545
robski85

2012 JK Wrangler 

Here's my current service loaner while mines in the shop getting the head replaced...
image-2048165693.jpg  
robski85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #546
Apollo821
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio View Post
I had to do a double-take before I looked at your location.

When my old Focus was new, I had a fuel pump fail under warranty. The dealer gave me a Suzuki Aerio, which is in the same class...but that was hands-down the worst car I've ever driven, and it only had about 3k miles on it. It was like every bad car cliche rolled into one crappy plastic-clad package.
Haha, yeah. This Opel is a piece as well. It struggles to get up my street. I want my jeep back
Unread 09-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #547
Sabrebill30
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well, I'll be taking mine in tomorrow. More to follow.
Sabrebill30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #548
Apollo821
2012 JK Wrangler 

I got a call back from the shop today. Apparently my Jeep is ready, because "Sir that noise is normal". They said they started and ran several other Pentastar equipped vehicles and could hear the noise in all of them.

Sounds like bull**** to me. Does anyone know who I can talk to at Chrysler to point out to these guys that this IS an issue? It seems they don't want to do the work (which I understand, its a lot and at warranty rates too) but that leaves me with a ticking Jeep. He mentioned he looked in a "dealers only" official Chrysler factory/manufacturer forum and couldn't find anything.

I'm in Euope (Germany) so is there is a Chrysler Europe office I can call, that'd be awesome. Help!

To be clear, I bought this US Spec vehicle through US Military Car sales, and it was shipped over here for me, so it's a US Jeep.

Last edited by Apollo821; 09-12-2012 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: clarity
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #549
JeepCares

Try Jeep's Military Sales/Service office in Europe by calling 49-6173-704256 or contact them at custserv@militarycars.com.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #550
Apollo821
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Try Jeep's Military Sales/Service office in Europe by calling 49-6173-704256 or contact them at custserv@militarycars.com.
Thanks much, I'll do that in the morning!
Unread 09-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #551
Sabrebill30
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok, so I dropped it off at Jack Powell in Escondido, CA. Told them I had a CEL, ticking and intermittent loss of power. His comment was the heads. They still have to do a diagnostic which will take a day or two. Also mentioned that they are on a generation 3 head that has the bugs worked out now. We'll see. Asked him why the intermittent loss of power and he mentioned once the engine warms up the valves sometimes stick. This coincides with why I don't get it so much going to work but on the way home. The heads are still in high demand and I'll have to wait but they now have instructions to send the owner home WITH their jeep due to it's not a catastrophic failure and unless you see your CEL blinking there is no worry about running it with this condition. I still got a loaner due to the delay in diagnostics.

Hope this helps some of you but the jury isn't out yet.
Sabrebill30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #552
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

To the military gent in Germny, you may have warranty issues unless you bought it over there. I brought a two week old VW Passat to Germany from Alaska (hey, it was made in Germany, right?) and when I took it to the German dealer for a small issue they said, sorry, your US warranty no good here...
73azbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #553
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

I believe German VWs are made in Germany, while US models are made on this continent. They're basically different companies.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 04:23 AM   #554
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

Only the Passat, Rabbit and Jetta are made here in the US. Like other manufacturers, the plants here in the states only make certain models. BMW for example has a plant in S.C. but only a couple of models are made there. Same with the Benz Plant in Alabama. My guess is that it would be only the models that are the most popular here in the states.

Regardless though, the parts all come from their plants in Germany.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #555
JeepCares

The VW Routan is made in Michigan.

edit: thanks rha600! The VW Routan is actually made in Windsor, Ontario, Canada (not Michigan.)
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.