Potential 2012 Pentastar issue? - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Potential 2012 Pentastar issue?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 03-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #196
offcamber

It's an old ipod touch 2nd gen. I don't think it would be worth the amount of time that I would have to take off work. Too bad I can't sue them for the same amount RIAA would sue me for if I stole 16GB worth of music off the Internet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Small claims court time for you and the dealer.

offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #197
zolon
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
It's an old ipod touch 2nd gen. I don't think it would be worth the amount of time that I would have to take off work. Too bad I can't sue them for the same amount RIAA would sue me for if I stole 16GB worth of music off the Internet...
The dealer here actually had me sign a piece of paper that removed their liability from stolen items.
zolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #198
WJFish
2012 JK Wrangler 

Still waiting for the jeep to be finished. Talk me out of trading it in on a tundra
WJFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #199
AROSETO
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolon View Post
The dealer here actually had me sign a piece of paper that removed their liability from stolen items.
Why would you sign it?

That's like the dealership saying, "Here sign this paper that allows me to steal your **** and not get in trouble for it."
2005 TJ Rubicon 2dr. Khaki Dual top, 4" OME springs w/33" BFG MTs on 16" MotoMetals, Superlift rear adj. Trackbar & JKS front adj., Currie currectlync steering setup, Russel braided Stainless 4" extended brake lines, ARB bull bar w/ Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Garvin Wilderness swing away tire carrier/bumper system w/ trailrack and gas can holders, KC slimlites 130W windshield mounted, Outlaw door hinge mounted mirrors, JKS sway bar discos, TW doublecardan DS, JKS Adj. CA., 4-Hi locker switch mod.

2012 Jeep JK Sport 2dr. Sahara Tan 6sp.

Past Jeeps: 78 Golden Eagle CJ7 304, 85 CJ7 4.2L and 95 YJ 4.0L
AROSETO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #200
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

On buying a Tundra, I actually test drove one last week and liked it, but even with the givebacks (they can't move them as they stopped production) the 12 MPG was a serious vote no, that and uncomfortable rear seats. (I just sold my Tacoma to get this Wrangler and those rear seats were better).

On the stolen item, call the cops non emergency number and say you want to file a report, show up at the dealer and await their arrival. Tell the dealer manager the cops are on the way.

On the engine ticking: has anyone done a month to month comparison of which build dates have this issue? Can we start a separate thread to log these in? A separate thread also pulls in more google hits and becomes the place to go to log the problem even if they are not members of the website.

I owned a 2002 BMW M3 that had engines blowing up at about 5000 miles and our website identified the build dates to be in a three month range. We identified that the failure rate was 1000% higher than expected, and resulted in about 25 per 100 motors failing. It took over two years for BMW to come out and admit the problem (bad lower bearings) and fix the motors.
73azbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #201
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Can we compile a list of the build dates that have these issues? Like:

Built: 12/20/2011
Ticking: YES
Miles: 5000

With that info, we can narrow down who has it and doesn't?
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:30 AM   #202
DavidJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacK View Post
Can we compile a list of the build dates that have these issues? Like:

Built: 12/20/2011
Ticking: YES
Miles: 5000

With that info, we can narrow down who has it and doesn't?
Say it ain't so Mack ??? 12/20/11 ???? I have been looking on trading up and thought a Dec build date was safe Oh No
DavidJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #203
zolon
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AROSETO View Post
Why would you sign it?

That's like the dealership saying, "Here sign this paper that allows me to steal your **** and not get in trouble for it."
Because if you don't, they won't work on your car or even log the complaint. Apparently it is standard practice here in the DC Metro area. (So I am told.) .. I am going to check out the other dealers. Love the sales staff at the one I traded in the Dodge Journey in, but the service department sucks.
zolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #204
AROSETO
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolon

Because if you don't, they won't work on your car or even log the complaint. Apparently it is standard practice here in the DC Metro area. (So I am told.) .. I am going to check out the other dealers. Love the sales staff at the one I traded in the Dodge Journey in, but the service department sucks.
Yeah well then I would go to another dealership for service. I've never had to sign something like that.
2005 TJ Rubicon 2dr. Khaki Dual top, 4" OME springs w/33" BFG MTs on 16" MotoMetals, Superlift rear adj. Trackbar & JKS front adj., Currie currectlync steering setup, Russel braided Stainless 4" extended brake lines, ARB bull bar w/ Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Garvin Wilderness swing away tire carrier/bumper system w/ trailrack and gas can holders, KC slimlites 130W windshield mounted, Outlaw door hinge mounted mirrors, JKS sway bar discos, TW doublecardan DS, JKS Adj. CA., 4-Hi locker switch mod.

2012 Jeep JK Sport 2dr. Sahara Tan 6sp.

Past Jeeps: 78 Golden Eagle CJ7 304, 85 CJ7 4.2L and 95 YJ 4.0L
AROSETO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #205
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I lock everything in the tuffy and don't share the key. Great place to keep things safe...not sure they're up to 2012 yet. If they violate the tumbler on that you've really got a case for theft. The waiver is intended to cover theft from
Non-dealership employees (ie jeeps parked outside long term), you would still have the burden of proof if you thought it was an employee.
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #206
victory red
2012 JK Wrangler 

3669 miles
build date: 10/11

checked it again just now. all quiet. on start up and running.
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #207
LIJeepJC
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
Took mine in the shop on Tuesday after it threw the P0304 over the weekend. They agreed to replace the head. I was supposed to get it back yesterday, but they didn't finish until this morning.

To say that it sounds better is an understatement. I'll let you hear it for yourself.

I recorded both videos with the same iphone, the same way.

Here is before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXEhRr-Zpw

Here is after, and yes it is running the whole time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyBrhuRxFfs

So if you have a 2012 and it doesn't sound like # 2, I'd take it to the dealer...
Much improved. Good luck! Also, let us know what the outcome is in a few hundred miles of driving and the next oil change.

Good for u!
LIJeepJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #208
tomthbomb
CJ7 1/2 Top Club mem. #1

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJFish
Still waiting for the jeep to be finished. Talk me out of trading it in on a tundra
Get a Tundra if you want to.
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #209
mtbr
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sept/07/2011 (10th hour)
No ticking
5000 miles
2008 4 door Sahara / Rescue Green Jeep Club Member #15
1992 YJ / White
mtbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 12:29 AM   #210
floridajpr
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangersfan19 View Post
SO did you fix the problem first, or did you sell the problem to a different unwitting customer?

If you sold it to them with the problem, it would make you just as bad as the dealer.
The person he sold it to can take it to the dealer under warranty if they want to also.
floridajpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.