Post your JK pics! - Page 98 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Post your JK pics!

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #1456
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

run the weekend before last. nothing extreme...did a quick run up to coral canyon.

Unread 11-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #1457
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

thats me in the cowboy hat standing next to my rig behind the JK getting towed up the hill

lunch time

spud gun time. im the guy on the left. schedule 80pvc w/blow off plug on rear. 15sec of mapp gas = awesome hehe
Unread 11-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #1458
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

note the huge gash in my drivers side rocker. thats from my last trip back home (tahoe). time for sliders........lol
Unread 11-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #1459
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

break-away or removeable fenders!!! the best idea jeep ever had!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
mikeg576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #1460
michaelmjc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Why'd you take your fenders off? looks awful.
michaelmjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #1461
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmjc View Post
Why'd you take your fenders off? looks awful.
Uh oh....here it comes.
BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
WVUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #1462
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

because it's not a beatuy contest. if there is a cj, tj, or yj wheeling and they hit a fender on something there is considerable damage. if we knock a fender off it costs 20 bucks or so to buy clips to put it back on. or you can forgo the 20 bucks in clips and just remove the fenders, the stupid plastic bumpers, side steps, etc... and gain lots of clearence w/ no worries of damage.
here is my front fender from 2008 snowshoe jeep jamboree

and the rear fender from 2007 snowshoe jeep jamboree

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
mikeg576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #1463
ZX14Rider
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
you have a really great looking Jeep...

Thanks a lot.....
ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #1464
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg576 View Post
because it's not a beatuy contest. if there is a cj, tj, or yj wheeling and they hit a fender on something there is considerable damage. if we knock a fender off it costs 20 bucks or so to buy clips to put it back on. or you can forgo the 20 bucks in clips and just remove the fenders, the stupid plastic bumpers, side steps, etc... and gain lots of clearence w/ no worries of damage.
pretty much everything he said. my rig see's a fair bit of trails and the fenders were taking a beating from rocks, trees, rubbage, etc...so i just removed them before they got trashed or caught on something and bent out my fenders. and its not about beauty with me. if it were....i wouldnt be driving it. lol

but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. critisize away brosif! i honestly dont care
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #1465
Broken_Soldier
2008 JK Wrangler 

After tearing my right front fender off twice I kinda have to agree with the wisdom of taking em off for wheeling. Personally I kinda like the look of the flareless Jeep anyway and its kind of like sticking a thumb in the eyes of those that think a Jeep is something to be kept pristine.
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:26 PM   #1466
sean2857
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Here it is the day before i bought it :-D I've owned it for a week now and couldnt be happier :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
sean2857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #1467
wbower
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
brosif!

Hah... you said brosif! Brogaf for life.

wbower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 11:58 PM   #1468
EdwinALink
1999 TJ Wrangler 

sheet, if it wasnt for that engine. we'd all want JKs!(okay, maybe not ALL...) seriously though.

bumpers, rocker guards a winch and a budget boost.

and you have a vehicle that is so capable its not even fair!
Unread 11-08-2008, 05:52 AM   #1469
Lammer
2011 JK Wrangler 

Sheep Jeep

My first posting of a pic! Let's hope I followed the instructions correctly.
Unread 11-08-2008, 06:09 AM   #1470
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Figured I'd share my JK's fall top configuration: Bikini top, Duster and Wraparound Windjammer

Since I've now recieved about 15 PMs about getting the windjammer to work I thought I'd do a quick mini-write up to save me from typing it repeatedly and so nobody will have to wait on me noticing I've got PMs, etc.

1) This is the wraparound windjammer for the 2dr JK. A search on your favorite Jeeps part site will 4wd.com, Quadratech, etc will lead you right to it.

2) You WILL need soft top door surrounds to run this combo as the windjammer has rails just like the soft top windows that lock into the door surround.

3) No modifications are necessary to get it to work.

4) It will be VERY tight when you first install it. So tight that you might think it will pop out of the door surrounds. I found that it did not pull free from the door surrounds if I didn't lock both seats into place. I raised the seats and allowed them to rest against the windjammer, but did not lock them in place for 3 days, to allow the windjammer to stretch a bit. Notice in the pic, towards the bottom of the windjammer is a crease. There is a matching one on the opposite side. This is a result of the last inch or two of the rail for the windjammer slightly pulling out of the door surround. Mine has not pulled out any further even at highway speeds with the windows down.

5) For best results though (or personal preference) I chose to take an exacto and cut slits in the plastic part of the top of the windjammer (not visible in pics), in the location where the bikini top straps would wrap around the roll bar. Doing this virtually eliminates a small gap that's left if you don't do this. Again, personal preference. Some might not want to cut into their windjammer. The cuts will not have an effect on the structural integrity of the windjammer though.

6) One thing I forgot to mention totally is that the windjammer has flaps that on the 2door I believe get tied down to the bottom of the rear seats. I chose not to cut these out, but instead I took them and under the duster, ran them to the roll bars in the tub and strapped them to those, pulling them taught. Again, this isn't really necessary, but when I first installed it, I was worried that the windjammer would pull free from the door surrounds on the highway and I wanted as much protection against it flying away or flapping around and beating the heck out of the sides of the JK. Now, even if they did pop off, the thing wouldn't really be able to go anywhere.

So, there you have it, a complete description of how to get the wraparound windjammer onto an Unlimited. If you're currently experiencing sub 70 degree weather, good luck getting the fabric to stretch enough to get this to work properly. Oh and as a tip with any bestop product I pop them in the dryer prior to installing. It really softens up the fabric and makes it much easier to get anything on the first time during the season. The dryer did not damage the window of the duster by the way, but I'm sure all that tumbling probably left surface scratches. I didn't notice any though. Oh and visibility out the rear window will be greatly reduced as the window area on this duster is pretty small.

Why bestop hasn't designed one for the 4door is beyond me, as it would be incredibly simple using this one as a template. 1" extra fabric on each side to allow for easy install into the door surrounds and doubling the size of the window would be a big help as well. So Bestop if you're reading this, you're missing out by not making it happen!

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 11-10-2008 at 01:59 PM..
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image , JK Wrangler , photos , pictures , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.