Post-repair DW update: symptoms, repairs and resulting effects - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Post-repair DW update: symptoms, repairs and resulting effects

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 11-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #16
JTPhoto
2008 JK Wrangler 

Actually you don't need the complete flip kit as you have already installed the lower Trackbar bracket. all you need is the flipped draglink. You can use the factory Mopar RHD unit and a tapered sleeve or get a heavier unit like Synergy.

2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #17
joeorzechowski

2010 JK Wrangler 

All of these flip kits come with a trackbar bracket they say you have to use. I am hoping I can keep the track bar and drag link parallel with the geometry if I just flip the drag link and just leave their trackbar bracket out. JKS was not much help on that issue.
joeorzechowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #18
JTPhoto
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeorzechowski
All of these flip kits come with a trackbar bracket they say you have to use. I am hoping I can keep the track bar and drag link parallel with the geometry if I just flip the drag link and just leave their trackbar bracket out. JKS was not much help on that issue.
Call AEV, they may offer just the factory MOPAR RHD draglink and tapered bushing. Otherwise Poly Performance does sell the Synergy flipped draglink only. You will need to drill or hone out the knuckle to install the flip draglink no matter which one you choose.

If you have the time remove the JKS Trackbar bracket, put your Trackbar back in its original mounting place and try that. At this point that will determine what issues the JKS bracket is causing you.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
Unread 11-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #19
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Don't get the RHD piece from aev. Crappy stock quality. Might as well get a quality part.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #20
joeorzechowski

2010 JK Wrangler 

I have the synergy tie rod so I guess I am getting the synergy flip drag link kit. I dont think I need to use their front trackbar relocation bracket with my jks kit since both raise the bar.
joeorzechowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #21
JTPhoto
2008 JK Wrangler 

Good choice.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.