Is it possible for my odometer to be set in kilometers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Is it possible for my odometer to be set in kilometers?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
mdfatai
2013 JK Wrangler 

Is it possible for my odometer to be set in kilometers?

I bought a 2013 Rubicon five months ago and I already have over 10,000 miles on it. My driving pattern has not changed between my old car and my Jeep. On my old car I would put about 15,000 miles a year on it. If you convert 10,000 km to miles it converts to under 6,300 miles which would seem more reasonable for the way I drive. Is there any way to tell if my odometer is set in kilometers or miles?

I played around with the menu button on the steering wheel and it says that the units are "U.S." but if you change units to "metric" it does not affect the number on the odometer it only converts "mpg" to "kpg" and "miles to empty" to "kilometers to empty" etc. Is there a way to access controls over the odometer?

mdfatai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
2KTJ40

Drive from a point A to point B location that you are sure is a mile and see if the odometer tells you otherwise. Thats the only way I could think to do it...but my Jeep is 13 years older than yours so who knows. You could have a way of telling electronically...
2KTJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.