Possible to disconnect tire pressure low warning beeper? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Possible to disconnect tire pressure low warning beeper?

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 11-27-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
Jayce
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Possible to disconnect tire pressure low warning beeper?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I live in Belgium and own a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited with aftermarket rims and tires. There aren't any air pressure sensors on them and I often get a warning accompanied by a the same beep you get when you haven't fastened your seat belt that my tire pressure is too low. It used to be so that it would only make this noise whenever you'd turn on the ignition but since a few months it's happening several times during a drive and there's a red light that accompanies it. I have spoken to my Jeep dealer about it but they told me there's nothing they can do about it because I don't have original Jeep rims and that they're not allowed to disconnect the buzzer so I was wondering if maybe some of you have had this same problem and what you did about it. Do you think it would help to open the dash and disconnect this buzzer and the red light? I realize I also wouldn't get any useful warnings but I've owned the Jeep since 2009 and have yet to see anything else appear on my dash but "low tire pressure" so I'm not too concerned about that, to be honest and my YJ doesn't even have that option so I don't think I'll miss it.

Thank you very much for your help!

Pieter

Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 04:18 AM   #2
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Get a Procal or other programer to plug in and lower the settings to 0. The procal will allow you to adjust for tire size differences , daytime running lamps and gear ratio changes along with a few other useful tools. The procal runs about $150 U.S.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thats right-

Go online and check "AEV Procal Module" and you'll get tons of purchase info-

Money well spent--$149 bucks

Can'tbeatit

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
Jayce
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Very cool, thank you very much for your help!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.