Poly Performance Jeep Jk 4" Stage 3 lift versus AEV / Nth degree 3.5 " Premium lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Poly Performance Jeep Jk 4" Stage 3 lift versus AEV / Nth degree 3.5 " Premium lift

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Reply
Unread 05-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
TDmaster
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Temecula, California
Posts: 166
Poly Performance Jeep Jk 4" Stage 3 lift versus AEV / Nth degree 3.5 " Premium lift

So, forget the price differntial (the Poly costs almost twice the Nth).
The Nth lift only supports upto 35" tires, the Poly - 37".

What I want to know is if the Poly is as good as the price suggest and how do the two compare for both on and off road ride, tire clearance / rubbing at full articulations, etc.

TDmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler
 
Prot's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 7,345
The Poly includes adjustable control arms. I don't think the AEV does. I have the Poly high steer kit and it is a well designed piece and is made strong. I was impressed with it enough that I ordered their adjustable control arms and I am looking at some of their other products to improve my suspension. I have no first hand experience with AEV / Nth Degree.
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Unlimited Sahara in progress
Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Biff Malibu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Saline, Michigan
Posts: 49
I have the AEV 3.5" premium with 37" tires. It rides and drives fantastic!
Biff Malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
BiGEN
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: King George, Va
Posts: 1,613
or u could go with the Teraflex 4" lift?
__________________
FOR SALE!
R.E. Monotube Shocks - $200 NEW PRICE

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
b_c
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: knee deep
Posts: 1,001
i'm w/ bigen on this one...

i called and talked w/ the customer service reps of all 3 companies. after tons of research, reading, talking, and thinking, i ended up w/ teraflex b/c they definitely sold me on their products (thusly i ordered their lift and components). check out my build. the flex arm kit will allow me to change to bigger coils and shocks, if i so choose, later in my jeeps life.

hopefully i can get this stuff installed this weekend, but definitely by next.


b_c
__________________
Colorado JeepPeople
my 2008 jk build

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
BiGEN
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: King George, Va
Posts: 1,613
and teraflex customer service is great.. i've already tested it out.. and they sent me my new item in a week.. =)
__________________
FOR SALE!
R.E. Monotube Shocks - $200 NEW PRICE

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
TDmaster
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Temecula, California
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff Malibu View Post
I have the AEV 3.5" premium with 37" tires. It rides and drives fantastic!
AEV's website and forum reponses from the engineers (JimAEV and others) will only recommend 35's for the 3.5" lift...37" tires will rub unless you go to at least a 4" lift according to other posts both here and there.

That said, I am curious to know which brand of tire and type/size code is yours??


Have you ever had problems at full aticulation with the low side tire rubbing at the top of the flare?

I'm really surprised because I really want 37 inchers, but AEV 4.5" lift they endorse for 37's is only offered for the 4-door (unlimited) Wranglers, not the 2-doors because of the driveline geometry - they wont release one until they resolve that problem. That is why I have been looking at other options.

If your not having any issues with your lift and tire rub, than I just might go that direction (again)
TDmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #8
TDmaster
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Temecula, California
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGEN View Post
or u could go with the Teraflex 4" lift?
I have not researched the Teraflex line...the ones I have looked at so far are:

Full Traction
Rubicon Express
Rugged Ridge
AEV / Nth Degree
Poly Performance

All short arm lifts (I don't want the work of cut and weld that a long arm requires).

Some kits require new drive shafts (vibration issue). The only two 4"bolt-ons that say no drive-line mods are the Full Traction and the Poly P.
TDmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
BiGEN
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: King George, Va
Posts: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmaster View Post
I have not researched the Teraflex line...the ones I have looked at so far are:

Full Traction
Rubicon Express
Rugged Ridge
AEV / Nth Degree
Poly Performance

All short arm lifts (I don't want the work of cut and weld that a long arm requires).

Some kits require new drive shafts (vibration issue). The only two 4"bolt-ons that say no drive-line mods are the Full Traction and the Poly P.
if u go with a 4" lift.. i give u 3 months before u need new driveshafts.. i had a 3" full traction lift and needed new driveshafts..
__________________
FOR SALE!
R.E. Monotube Shocks - $200 NEW PRICE

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
Biff Malibu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Saline, Michigan
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmaster View Post
AEV's website and forum reponses from the engineers (JimAEV and others) will only recommend 35's for the 3.5" lift...37" tires will rub unless you go to at least a 4" lift according to other posts both here and there.

That said, I am curious to know which brand of tire and type/size code is yours??


Have you ever had problems at full aticulation with the low side tire rubbing at the top of the flare?

I'm really surprised because I really want 37 inchers, but AEV 4.5" lift they endorse for 37's is only offered for the 4-door (unlimited) Wranglers, not the 2-doors because of the driveline geometry - they wont release one until they resolve that problem. That is why I have been looking at other options.

If your not having any issues with your lift and tire rub, than I just might go that direction (again)
The tires I am running are Goodyear 37x12.50x17,(they measure 36.5" on the jeep with 27's of pressure) the wheels have 4.7" back spacing. The top of the rear fenders are not the problem.

The problem is in the front of the rear wheel wells at the top area of the pinch seam. When the suspension flexes, the axle does move back a bit, but not as much as the tire size.

You have choices on how to fix this. You can keep trimming the area (which is what I have done), You can use longer bump stops, or you can get adjustable rear control arms.

I love my set up, but if you want a plug and play set up, stick to the 35's.
Biff Malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
crusty1007
Registered User
1947  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: pismo beach
Posts: 524
What type of lift did you end up stepping up to? hows it working out?

__________________
Thean@PolyPerformance.com
Click the sig for everything you need to build a JEEP... 805-706-0232
NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY !!!
www.SynergySuspension.com ----> Click and download the new catalog!!!
crusty1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,228
You guys, there's WAY more to fitting a certain tire size than just spring height. Give me a JK with 3.5" (that's the most I would want) of lift and it will have 42" tires, 4" of up travel, and no rubbing.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
sjmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3
I would not recommend doing business with Poly Performance. They left parts out my order, ignored my requests for help for 2 weeks, then when they finally did respond they said there was nothing they could do about it. I had to file a claim with PayPal to get a refund on the purchase. Slow to nonexistent support, and miserable to deal with. All over a little $10 part. Save yourself the hassle and go elsewhere.
sjmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
xraypat23
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: wading river, new york
Posts: 235
I'm going to throw rock krawlers hat in the ring. I've got a 2.5" flex kit from them. Running 35's with the stock fenders, with flats 37's would definitely fit.
xraypat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #15
Thean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SLO, California
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmurray View Post
I would not recommend doing business with Poly Performance. They left parts out my order, ignored my requests for help for 2 weeks, then when they finally did respond they said there was nothing they could do about it. I had to file a claim with PayPal to get a refund on the purchase. Slow to nonexistent support, and miserable to deal with. All over a little $10 part. Save yourself the hassle and go elsewhere.
In response to Steve here, here is a thread with info if anyone cares.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...=1#post1423899

__________________
Thean@Dirtdrivendesign.com
Previously of Poly Performance, Advance Adapters
Now working on Commercial Helo cert. Email me if you have questions.
Thean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.