Poly cage with some add ons - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Poly cage with some add ons

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-24-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
Mitchw123456
2009 JK Wrangler 

Poly cage with some add ons

Its still not done yet, we are adding an extra set drops behind the front seat, front/rear harness bars and whatever else comes to mind tomorrow when I go back. I'm topless 99.9% of the time so I'm considering adding another cross bar across the rear triangulation to carry my spare. The front windshield bars will hold a cb. Also going to weld in some plate on the top cross bars for extra lockable storage/spot to keep a pistol. Comments?/

this one came out a little blurry but you can get the idea..

Unread 03-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
CDavisJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

It's nice that the front windshield bars will hold a CB. But why didn't you just mount it up top and then get traditional ^ style bars? Otherwise, it looks good!

CDavisJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
Mitchw123456
2009 JK Wrangler 

I considered the traditional V bars but the "traditional" term kind of turned me off. We are trying to design it to be different that the traditional sport cages you see.
Unread 03-25-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I put a Poly cage in the back of mine....and LOVE IT!! I went with a different cage up front for 2 reasons.... 1st I worried that I would hit my legs on that downward bar by the dash and second the corssbar above the dash sits really close to the top of the dash if you weld it in you will no longer be able to access the center console since you have to remove the dash topper to get to the bolts.
Your looks great though and is definately not a "Traditional" look

Here is an example of the harness bar your talking about installing.

6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.