Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Playing in Moab with the new TeraFlex JK PreRunner kit video.

3K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  TeraFlex 
#1 ·
#6 ·
OK, I've got your 2.5 inch lift with springs and shocks. This is what i was looking for. After I recoup from my initial build I'm going to get this. Will it work with the 2.5 inch lift?

How much, and, do I need to grind off my bumpstops?

Edit: It sounds like a whole new lift kit. How much? Does it flex as well as the kit I have now?

#14 ·
#17 ·
Looks cool, I like to see companies that bring something new to the market instead of copying everyone else.

However, I'd like to see it go up against two other vehicles,with a similar power to weight ratio.

Tacoma double cab V6 manual - 4130 lb, 236 hp = 17.5 lb/hp
Jk 2 door Sahara manual - 3951 lb, 202 hp = 19.55 lb/hp
F150 Raptor 5.4L - 5908 lb, 310 hp = 19.06 lb/hp

The Tacoma has an advantage, but these are approximate figures.

I'd like to see a stock Raptor v. a JK with the Teraflex kit v. a Tacoma with either a Camburg or Total Chaos kit.
Weigh all the vehicles, then add a second person or sandbags if necessary to even out.

Then choose a course, and see what the time differences are. How much of an advantage is IFS? What's the difference between a factory Raptor, Teraflex JK, and Camburg or Total Chaos Tacoma suspension?

If the Jeep can keep up, I'd really consider buying this kit for my future JK. (or at least the bumpstops and shocks.) It's a Jeep, so I'm sure the flex is fine, even if it is tuned for high speed.

#18 ·
Looks cool, I like to see companies that bring something new to the market instead of copying everyone else.

However, I'd like to see it go up against two other vehicles,with a similar power to weight ratio.

Tacoma double cab V6 manual - 4130 lb, 236 hp = 17.5 lb/hp
Jk 2 door Sahara manual - 3951 lb, 202 hp = 19.55 lb/hp
F150 Raptor 5.4L - 5908 lb, 310 hp = 19.06 lb/hp

The Tacoma has an advantage, but these are approximate figures.

I'd like to see a stock Raptor v. a JK with the Teraflex kit v. a Tacoma with either a Camburg or Total Chaos kit.
Weigh all the vehicles, then add a second person or sandbags if necessary to even out.

Then choose a course, and see what the time differences are. How much of an advantage is IFS? What's the difference between a factory Raptor, Teraflex JK, and Camburg or Total Chaos Tacoma suspension?

If the Jeep can keep up, I'd really consider buying this kit for my future JK. (or at least the bumpstops and shocks.) It's a Jeep, so I'm sure the flex is fine, even if it is tuned for high speed.
My intuition says this isn't necessary. It's a Jeep and it's an obvious improvement. However, being supercharged it would be need to blow by a Taco and then climb some ridiculous rock face. Judging by the looks of this the Jeep will hold its own. I certainly believe the other vehicles will need weighed down.

#21 ·
The only really cool thing I can see is the speed bumps. Put them on say a Poly Performance Synergy kit, AEV 3.5 or 4-inch Premium kit or similar lift kits and you’ll probably get the same results. It’s the shocks and speed bumps that make all the difference.

Why not put the TeraFlex Jeep up against a Jeep with one of the above kits?

Now, TeraFlex has awesome products (i have some) but to put it up against a basically stock Jeep just doesn’t impress me at all.:thumbdown:
:cheers2:

#22 ·
The only really cool thing I can see is the speed bumps. Put them on say a Poly Performance Synergy kit, AEV 3.5 or 4-inch Premium kit or similar lift kits and you'll probably get the same results. It's the shocks and speed bumps that make all the difference.

Why not put the TeraFlex Jeep up against a Jeep with one of the above kits?

Now, TeraFlex has awesome products (i have some) but to put it up against a basically stock Jeep just doesn't impress me at all.:thumbdown:
I think it would be great to have a third party do a comparison of the PreRunner kit versus other brands. I'm pushing Marketing to shoot some video of the PreRunner on the local Lucas Oil Off Road course The PreRunner vs. stock was done to show how of a difference the kit makes. I know it's not really fair to compare the two.

#24 ·
How does it compare to the already great kits you have now? Is the PreRunner basically the same with the addition of the Speed Bumps and upgraded shocks? Just curious. I hope you know I'm not bashing the PreRunner, it was just the comparison with the stock Jeep.:wave:
Good questions. The PreRunner kit is using Fox shocks that are tuned specifically for this setup. The rear lower arms are straight, for better clearance with the control arm brackets. The kit also come with limiting straps and some new brackets for strengthen the front trackbar mount and control arms. This setup still works great on road and in Moab. No worries 1222.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.