Plastic slider - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Plastic slider

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
nursekerri

Plastic slider

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong place, if so plz direct me.
I recently purchased my long awaited for JEEP. a 2011 2 door wrangler. My question is regarding the top and sun rider top. There is a small plastic slider that holds the "elbow" joint in place when the sun rider is not open. One of mine is split and the dealer is ordering me a new one, but after I used the sun rider top back the first time the "elbow joint does not seem to line up equally again and both the driver and passenger sides are a bit off and the slider does not fit over them. Is there a trick or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for any advice

nursekerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

You may have bent the frame tubing a little bit. At least that's what happened to mine when my wife tried to open the sunrider not knowing about the sleeves. Press down on the top as you try to push the sleeves over the joint. Eventually mine started to fit right.
HighandLow is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.