Pics of new MOPAR winch bumper, the one w/fog light cutouts & Hyd winch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Pics of new MOPAR winch bumper, the one w/fog light cutouts & Hyd winch

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 02-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #1
nycrd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Pics of new MOPAR winch bumper, the one w/fog light cutouts & Hyd winch

Anyone gotten the new MOPAR bumper yet? pictures? And how's the quality? is it close to ARB or AEV?

Also, I'm planning on going with the MileMarker hyd winch (don't want to start a winch debate here, for me the advantages of hydraulic outway electric. As I plan on using it for clearing tree tops from logging, trail maint, getting firewood, etc.) Any one installed one on a JK? How easy is the hookup?

nycrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
TNJeepMan

We just installed the new Mopar front with a Mile Marker 9500 electric, I'll try to dig up a picture on monday when I'm back at work.

Anyway, the electric winch fit great and it looked good as well. Good setup if you like the Mopar bumper.
Unread 02-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #3
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

shouldn't be any more difficult to fit a hydraulic winch, just plan the routing of the lines before the bumper is completely bolted on. measure twice, cut once.

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2009, 06:15 AM   #4
Rafic
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycrd View Post
Anyone gotten the new MOPAR bumper yet? pictures? And how's the quality? is it close to ARB or AEV?
Here's a pic

Rafic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2009, 06:31 AM   #5
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

How much are the bumpers these days?

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #6
wTheOnew
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mopar, damn it, I hate the crush cans and hooks! If the had an option with D-rings, I would have been all over it.
. .
wTheOnew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTheOnew View Post
Mopar, damn it, I hate the crush cans and hooks! If the had an option with D-rings, I would have been all over it.
Here is a rugged ridge with similar styling that can be customized easily since it is a modular design. It can be made to look similar to the mopar and has d-rings etc.

http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/r..._bumper/jk.php
Unread 02-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Travis already has a RR bumper, Prot.

The hooks are pretty practical; easy to drop a loop over them. They just don't look as tough as a d-ring.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 02-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #9
wTheOnew
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just complain a lot... My reasoning is the Mopar bumper is pretty slick, but the crush cans make it look...i don't know, bulky?...and once you take the cans off the hooks are just kind of out there... If they could make a version without the cans and with the hooks integrated into the bumper, then they would have something that I would have got in a heartbeat. For the price, it's pretty good, but it could have been amazing.

I have a Mopar rear and a RR front for this reason...

Oh, and back to one of the original questions. If the quality is anything near the rear bumper it is great; really beefy. The paint leaves something to be desired though. My rear bumper is already flaking and needs to be pulled and repainted.
. .
wTheOnew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Mopar quality is good

I bought my mopar bumper before they started making them with the holes for the fog lights. I wanted to maintain the factory fog light switch and I was able to do so with a relay that use one of the factory fog light leads as a trigger. I am very happy with the quality of the mopar bumper. Bolt holes lined up correctly etc. Here is what it looks like:
dsc00010_2.jpg   dsc00014_2.jpg   dsc00019_2.jpg   dsc00018_2.jpg  
Unread 02-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
Grims
1983 CJ7 

I think they look a lot better externally mounted like that.
Grims is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #12
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grims View Post
I think they look a lot better externally mounted like that.
The factory lights are great for slow-speed crawling at night though; low mount and all.
You can never have too many lights. Well, almost never...

Unread 02-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #13
SoCalJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Those bits over the crush cans look dumb to me (a bit like something Madonna may have worn on stage). Does anyone know if they are plastic or steel? If they are plastic they are going to get destroyed. If they are steel then that sort of defeats the object of the crush cans since the metal would have to deform before the crush can came into play.
Unread 02-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #14
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJK View Post
Those bits over the crush cans look dumb to me (a bit like something Madonna may have worn on stage). Does anyone know if they are plastic or steel? If they are plastic they are going to get destroyed. If they are steel then that sort of defeats the object of the crush cans since the metal would have to deform before the crush can came into play.
They are plastic.
Unread 02-10-2009, 05:33 AM   #15
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Which brings me back to my question; how much are they? It's a good bumper for $400....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.