Photoshop request: Desert Tan JKU - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Photoshop request: Desert Tan JKU

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 11-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
FT

Photoshop request: Desert Tan JKU

My folks are looking to replace their '07 JKU with a '12 JKU... not bad for a couple of 72+ y.o. "fuddie duddies."

My father's choice is Desert Tan. But, the rest of the family - including me - is concerned that the painted wheel arches + painted hardtop is just too much color. I thought the elegant solution would be to buy a Rubicon. But, the latest Jeep brochure says that the Rubicon with a painted hardtop now comes with the painted-to-match wheel arches.

Can someone please post a picture of a Desert Tan 4-door JKU in Desert Tan with a painted hardtop, but with black wheel arches? It'll help them make their decision.

Oh, just for the sake of it: they won't buy any other SUV because they won't drive anything but a manual transmission... too bad. Because the Grand Cherokee probably would be a lot better for their backs!

Thanks!

FT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:36 AM   #2
whatevah
2012 JK Wrangler 

No pics, just a comment... Jeep discontinued the Sahara Tan color in September or early October (forget which), you won't be able to order a 2012 in that color any more. Really bummed me out, I had my heart set on a Sahara Tan 2 door Rubicon last month when I was shopping for one. I looked in a 400 mile radius and could only find 3 with automatic transmissions but all had too many options for me.
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:34 AM   #3
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

No more Sahara Tan
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
FT

Really? It still shows on the website under "build your own..."
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
Demoncleaner
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, it was gone by time I ordered on Oct. 22nd. It was my first choice.
Demoncleaner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
FT

Confirmed... I did a nation-wide search and found 1 Sahara Tan 6-speed manual. It had every piece of chrome Mopar could think to manufacture... so, it's on to a new color.

Can someone please photoshop a white JKU with a painted hardtop, but black wheel arches for me?

Many thanks.
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #7
nufga
2010 JK Wrangler 

Stumbled across this Jeep in another forum, no photoshop necessary. Although, I don't believe it came painted from the factory IIRC
image-1333432482.jpg  
nufga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
FT

Awesome! Thanks for the link.
Unread 12-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
Pelikan
2013 JK Wrangler 

Here's my new 2012 JKU
side.jpg  
2013 JKU, billet (silver), Teraflex 2.5" llift, Teraflex lcr's, ATX Artillery wheels, 33x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Smittybilt XRC rear bumper, Rock Hard front bumper w/ Warn M8000, N-Fab nerf bars, OR-Fab swingout tire carrier
Pelikan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.