Photos of 2dr jk with 2"lift & 35's pease ! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Photos of 2dr jk with 2"lift & 35's pease !

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #16
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjthorson View Post
My 33s, with the wheels, installed and replacement certs from discount tire was $1400.
What are the wheel specs? 15"? Model, BackSpacing? thx, it's a great look!!!

Unread 06-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #17
tjthorson
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoshum View Post
What are the wheel specs? 15"? Model, BackSpacing? thx, it's a great look!!!
15 x 8 MB TKO wheels. 33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs
4" backspace (or 4" offset) - Discount tire only has one style and offset.
Price also included new lug nuts.
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #50
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Gecko Green (Wife's DD)
Gecko Green Jeep Club Member #1
2005 Yellow Unlimited Rubicon (sold)
My Band! -> http://www.forgethannah.com
http://www.toddsplace.com
tjthorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjthorson

15 x 8 MB TKO wheels. 33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs
4" backspace (or 4" offset) - Discount tire only has one style and offset.
Price also included new lug nuts.
33" Duratracs are a far cry from a true to size 35" PitBull. The price I quoted was also for 5 tires and wheels.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #19
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBA2GO

My question is how did you get your wife/gf to clean out the poop from the dog run? You must be a flippin genius.
Lol that's easy. That is my daughter and her Jeep and HER dogs LOL. So she gets to clean up her dogs poop.

This is my Jeep.
image-3887618422.jpg  
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #20
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post

Yes we love the Pitbulls, we have 2 Jeeps and a RAM pickup running them..

2.5" TF lift - $458.00

5 - 35x12.50x17 Pit bull Rockers $360 ea = $1800

5 - Level 8 Trackers $135 ea = $675

Grand Total $2,933.00
How are those in winter , ice-snow conditions? I would imagine you would have some experience with the white stuff up there. Also would you know what the weight per unmounted tire is? Thanks

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #21
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss

How are those in winter , ice-snow conditions? I would imagine you would have some experience with the white stuff up there. Also would you know what the weight per unmounted tire is? Thanks
Personally we love them in the snow. They are as good or better then the same size Duratracs on icy roads.
They are heavy at 82# per un mounted tire but they are also a true 35".. They actually measure 35" when mounted at 27psi. Unlike 35" Duratracs which only measure 33.75".
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #22
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMahn08 View Post
Also 37's wouldnt fit on a 2.5 inch lift will it ??
yes with metal cloaks high fenders. I think they fit about no lift, might have to bump stop it abit. But I do not run MC fenders.

When you remove the plastic fenders on a jk 37" fit, stock. But the d30 wont hang well with 37"s, nor does the stock power steering and the list gets longer of what it takes to do it right and run on 37".

Like I said you could go with the MC fenders front and rear. run 35(even 37" I think, check them out)" no lift. Low cog.

Me I would rather have the lift for 35"s is about 3-4 inches to ME<. Or why bother you are going to get hung up on the Jk belly. at 2". where 35"s go.
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #23
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Personally we love them in the snow. They are as good or better then the same size Duratracs on icy roads.
They are heavy at 82# per un mounted tire but they are also a true 35".. They actually measure 35" when mounted at 27psi. Unlike 35" Duratracs which only measure 33.75".
Crap those are heavy! That's the trade off for a true to size meaty tire I guess...

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #24
JeepMahn08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc

yes with metal cloaks high fenders. I think they fit about no lift, might have to bump stop it abit. But I do not run MC fenders.

When you remove the plastic fenders on a jk 37" fit, stock. But the d30 wont hang well with 37"s, nor does the stock power steering and the list gets longer of what it takes to do it right and run on 37".

Like I said you could go with the MC fenders front and rear. run 35(even 37" I think, check them out)" no lift. Low cog.

Me I would rather have the lift for 35"s is about 3-4 inches to ME<. Or why bother you are going to get hung up on the Jk belly. at 2". where 35"s go.
Ohh right, cheers for the info, i mignt stick to a 2.5 lift for price reason mainly, isnt it Alot more expensive to by each inch higher you go ?
JeepMahn08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #25
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss

Crap those are heavy! That's the trade off for a true to size meaty tire I guess...
Most M/T tires run between 69-75# there are a few like the Toyo and Pitbull that run in the 80# range.
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #26
tjthorson
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
33" Duratracs are a far cry from a true to size 35" PitBull. The price I quoted was also for 5 tires and wheels.
Not disputing it - your setup looks great. Not that it always comes down to money - but
5 - 35x12.50x17 Pit bull Rockers $360 ea = $1800
5 - Level 8 Trackers $135 ea = $675
= $2475 / 5 = $495 ea.

Now - is that out the door? replacement certs, tax, valve stems, lifetime balance, lug nuts, disposal fees, etc? That looks like raw cost for the tires and wheels.

I actually paid a total of $1463.29 / 4 = $365 ea.

After all the extras, I bet you were close to $600 ea.... Heck - the online prices of those pitbulls are $400 - so you got a great deal! No doubt they look awesome and probably wheel like it too. Just want to be clear that FOR ME - I couldn't justify the extra cost over the setup I have. The OP wants 35s - so he will probably end up with your setup - again - its sweet!

Jeff - you have an 08, so you have the 3.8? Did you swap out gears? How is it turning them bad boys??? My trigger for watching the budget is when a poster asks about a BB or "2.5" lift - that tells me they aren't in for the log haul of gears, power adders, etc. That's when I usually drop my setups which I plan well, but don't spend a lot of money on since my money gets divided among many toys, not just my jeep.
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #27
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Add another $450 for shipping, Canadian taxes ( which don't apply to you guys) and install ... At the time 35" Duratracs were only 25-30$ per tire cheaper then the Pitbulls.
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #28
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjthorson

Jeff - you have an 08, so you have the 3.8? Did you swap out gears? How is it turning them bad boys??? My trigger for watching the budget is when a poster asks about a BB or "2.5" lift - that tells me they aren't in for the log haul of gears, power adders, etc. That's when I usually drop my setups which I plan well, but don't spend a lot of money on since my money gets divided among many toys, not just my jeep.
I've never had an issue running with factory 3.73 gears but we do run with the OD OFF on all three Jeeps and we also have a Superchips on 2 of them. This combination gets me 17-18mpg mixed on 91 octane on the unlimited. It really depends what works for you.
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #29
tjthorson
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I've never had an issue running with factory 3.73 gears but we do run with the OD OFF on all three Jeeps and we also have a Superchips on 2 of them. This combination gets me 17-18mpg mixed on 91 octane on the unlimited. It really depends what works for you.
Ahh - cool - you have the 3.73s, that certainly helps. I wouldn't even want to try and run those true 35s on mine with the 3.21 gears - even with the pentastar.....

Sweet rig!
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #30
JeepMahn08

Alot info guys thanks. But i would love some photosss )
JeepMahn08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.