"PHOENIX" AWINSKI's build in memory - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > "PHOENIX" AWINSKI's build in memory

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineArtec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 04-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #76
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Now that's looking much better.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #77
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks good, when I installed that rear trac bar bracket I noticed afterwards that the bolt was a little long and was actually making contact with my rear coil so make sure you check that.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #78
TJeep32
2009 JK Wrangler 

I got the same decal, we're like twins lol

20130427_183943-1.jpg

Sent from my GS2 using JeepForum
TJeep32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:21 AM   #79
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Looks good, when I installed that rear trac bar bracket I noticed afterwards that the bolt was a little long and was actually making contact with my rear coil so make sure you check that.
i noticed the same thing on my last jeep, two very thick washers fixed that
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:56 AM   #80
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Good Work!

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #81
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks awesome man! I'd bet your Dad would proud. Love your Genright bumpers. That's the route I want to eventually go. Lets see some wheeling pics now!
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #82
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
i noticed the same thing on my last jeep, two very thick washers fixed that
I decided to try to cut a grade 8 bolt and let me tell you.....I burned so many blades up it was a mistake, probably should have just went with the washers.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #83
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
I decided to try to cut a grade 8 bolt and let me tell you.....I burned so many blades up it was a mistake, probably should have just went with the washers.
haha my friend helping me said lets just cut it, i looked at the head and said you wanna cut this? thats when he said okay we'll just get washers
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #84
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJeep32 View Post

Attachment 617737

haha looking good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Good Work!
thanks blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy18 View Post
Looks awesome man! I'd bet your Dad would proud. Love your Genright bumpers. That's the route I want to eventually go. Lets see some wheeling pics now!
thanks! and i love them, great quality i just can't wait to see ho it all holds up on the trail!
Unread 04-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #85
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJeep32 View Post

Attachment 617737

LOL Nice!!

AWINSKI, build is looking great! Nice to see you bounce back so quick with this one. Cant wait to see where it goes from here! And, of course, thank you once again for allowing us to be part of such a great build...

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #86
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
LOL Nice!!

AWINSKI, build is looking great! Nice to see you bounce back so quick with this one. Cant wait to see where it goes from here! And, of course, thank you once again for allowing us to be part of such a great build...

-Jason
couldn't have done it without your help jason! ill be back for more soon enough!
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:22 AM   #87
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Good build thus far
Unread 05-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #88
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

got my brake lines and memorial vinyls done this weekend. spent a lot of time helping my friend with his truck, so no major updates
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #89
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

okay so the brake line install was pretty simple, followed the write up on another forum from another planet right down the street. all you need is a 15 and 10 mm socket. and 11, 12, and 17 mm open ended wrenches. i pinched off the line, unbolted the bottom, let the little bit drain out. then moved to the top, where you use the 11mm open ended wrench, don't take out the bracket bolt first, itll just make it a PITA. bleeding was also a simple process, start at the rear passenger, don't remember what the bleeder is in metric size but i just used a 7/16''. worked great. pump the brakes 3 times on the 4th hold, i was alone so i used the extension from the stock jack to hold the pedal down by wedging it between the pedal and the seat. then just go bleed the valve. repeat for each caliper. only used about half a pint of fluid in the end. make sure to leave the engine off while doing this.
everything-done-today-006.jpg   everything-done-today-007.jpg   everything-done-today-008.jpg  
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #90
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hey man, you skipped the brake lines earlier? There's a penalty for that! (good job)

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.