"PHOENIX" AWINSKI's build in memory - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > "PHOENIX" AWINSKI's build in memory

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 04-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #46
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

x2 on the powdercoat, you're better off either spray-bomb or epoxy or linex... very few places offer a decent powdercoat. Still have to install my PS armor myself!

SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #47
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

thats what i've always thought about normal pc, but i thought maybe with clear maybe not. oh well, i know a few companies that make a good clear coat, looks like ill be doing that and just respraying every year or so.
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #48
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

You're gonna have to call the shipping service and tell them everyone at JF is waiting for your lift to come in.

Now I need more money.
john304 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #49
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by john304 View Post
You're gonna have to call the shipping service and tell them everyone at JF is waiting for your lift to come in.
wouldn't i love to! artec truss came in today, so right now im just waiting on the evo d ring mounts, genright bumper and tc, and lift. really hope i see it tomorrow! if i could get it on this weekend that would be great.
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #50
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

genright order came in today, will be installing this tonight along with my artec c gussets and probably rockers. lift still not here :/
bumpers-001.jpg  
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #51
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
genright order came in today, will be installing this tonight along with my artec c gussets and probably rockers. lift still not here :/
Hell Yes! Nice choice!

I used the roll on duplicolor bedliner for my aluminum parts. It went on great and for touch up I use the hard top touch up pen.
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #52
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Duplicolor clear works well with good prep

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #53
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

How did you paint the Genright stuff? I want the carrier so bad. (Know of any sites that offer it with a coupon or anything? The $800 is a little steep imo)

Now I need more money.
john304 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #54
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

for right now im not painting it, during the summer things don't really corrode, so ill see how it goes touch it up every month or so with a scotch bright then decide on whether or not to paint it at the end of the summer. as for the installs, the tire carrier actually went smoother than the front bumper install. both look amazing, and also got the top c gussets on, then ran out of gas.:/ ill be updating everything later tonight when im not busy!
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #55
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

It won't be bad if you take care of it now and then. Brushed is a lot easier to deal with than polished.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #56
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

yea i was never planning on polished. i almost think this is too shiny, but i won't how it will look until everything is on, so for now ill leave it. i would love a nice dull clear coat if i ever decide to go that route, found a few, but too early to make a decision until i read more reviews
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #57
atinari
1999 TJ Wrangler 

wow, i cannot wait to see the final result. Maybe il get to see it in person at Jeff Daniels this year.
atinari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #58
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
yea i was never planning on polished. i almost think this is too shiny, but i won't how it will look until everything is on, so for now ill leave it. i would love a nice dull clear coat if i ever decide to go that route, found a few, but too early to make a decision until i read more reviews
I have plenty of pics of it before I painted it, trouble is finding them on the build thread. I wanted to follow the instructions, by that I mean, installing and then taking it off, painting and re-installing. But after a thick coat of paint, the fit will be off and you'll have to adjust.

It was pretty bling bling, but it matched the sahara bumper covers I had at the time. Also, do a google search and you'll see TXROCK's, he runs with all his genright aluminum parts unpainted.

Pics of progress!
Unread 04-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #59
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

alright guys, heres some photos with some explanations, got the front bumper, tired carrier, and KOR banner on. huge thanks to KOR who is helping out a lot with this build! sadly i forgot my cameras memory card when installing, so here comes the paragraphs.
artec c gussets update next week when i finish the bottoms

front bumper: genright aluminum, first impression very light and well made, the welds look like stacked dimes, no idea if it's machine welded or not, but anyways. went on pretty simply, followed the instructions to a tee, as for my evap, just drop the entire sway bar and cut off the entire bracket, takes a minute or two to drop the sway bar, and you want to get a good cut. when doing the winch plate i had to used my fingers to hold the nut brackets in while getting them finger tight, there are a few holes on the other side of the frame to look through, tighten each side one turn at a time making sure the holes on the front of the frame rails match up. i only had to cut about .5" off of the "skid bracket" of the frame rail on each side to get the bumper to fit snugly, i wanted as much bracing there as possible. other than that be careful when bolting the actual bumper on, loosing a bolt half way through can cost you a few minutes due to some fishing!

tire carrier: surprisingly, i had much less trouble with this compared to the front bumper. fairly simple, bolt off hinges, use a punch and cutting wheel to get out the pins, then put on the genright hinges, i painted before install due to time restraints, i was fine just be careful and touch up any mistakes after, i did however have to take a little material where the drivers side bracket meets the tail light, a grinder did this in a matter of minutes with the soft aluminum . then i taped up the corner panel, and marked all of my holes. from here i just marked which ones got which sizes. bolted it on. make sure to have the tire carrier level before marking the holes with the weight of the tire! i also had to take a little off the top poly bump stop to match the material i had to take off of the bracket, but that only took seconds.

VERY HAPPY WITH BOTH PRODUCTS!
aluminum-001.jpg   aluminum-002.jpg  
Unread 04-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #60
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Digging it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.