"PHOENIX" AWINSKI's build in memory - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > "PHOENIX" AWINSKI's build in memory

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #31
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by john304 View Post
How long do you plan on running the 37's before beefing up the axle?
doing the truss, gussets, and lca skids asap, shafts, regear and a better locker will come as it breaks, or as money allows. biggest thing will be wheeling carefully until i can afford to break something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
Man, that stuff is showing up quick!! This is going to look great...

-Jason
i was surprised at how fast everything came last time too. just can't wait to get the lift on there so i can get the tires on!

Unread 04-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #32
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

rubber rocker liners, shocks, and AEV procal showed up today!
new-jeep-002.jpg  
Unread 04-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #33
J33PNSL33P
2007 JK Wrangler 

The cut fenders look good! Did you follow a write up or "how to"? I know there's one on project jk and a few on here as well. Or did you just do your own thing? I'm cutting mine as soon as the snow stops falling.
J33PNSL33P is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #34
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

it was simple, i left them on, used painters tape to mark out the lines, using reference points already on the fenders. i had done it on my previous jeep so it was simple. if someone really wants to know to copy my design, i can give pictures with measurements, but it is honestly very simple. used a cutting wheel and a die grinder
Unread 04-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #35
Dumpsterfish

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
it was simple, i left them on, used painters tape to mark out the lines, using reference points already on the fenders. i had done it on my previous jeep so it was simple. if someone really wants to know to copy my design, i can give pictures with measurements, but it is honestly very simple. used a cutting wheel and a die grinder
Did you use any kind of door trim to finish them? If so, link to the stuff you used?
Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #36
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

stuff i used was black door trim, comes in a roll from auto zone. had to get two rolls to do all four
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #37
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Excited for you man! Post up a ton of pictures!

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #38
Dumpsterfish

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
stuff i used was black door trim, comes in a roll from auto zone. had to get two rolls to do all four

thanks!
Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #39
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

no problem guys, ill probably do a small write up on everything i do from now on, i didn't have a camera on me when doing the fenders, so i was unable to do that, if you guys want info, i followed a few write ups found by simply googleing then just modified it to fit now i wanted it to look. on another note tf exhaust spacers came in today, not the most exciting mod but i have plenty of tie on my hands to get it done.
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #40
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

installed my exhaust spacers today, very simple and straight forward, but very much of a pain trying to get one lined up without knocking the other crooked. just used one 1/2" socket with a 1/4" drive to get the upper on the drivers side, the other three bolts came out like cake. after that it was simply putting them in, getting the drivers side in and finger tight, then i moved to the passengers side where i got that tightened down. moved back over to the drivers side where it was now a little crooked, using my breaker bar as a pry bar against the frame rail i was able to move it into place while i tightened down the bolts with the other hand, a bit of a pain and took a little muscling it into place, but this being my second time i knew what i was in for.
exhaust-spacer-install-001.jpg   exhaust-spacer-install-002.jpg   exhaust-spacer-install-003.jpg   exhaust-spacer-install-004.jpg   exhaust-spacer-install-005.jpg  

exhaust-spacer-install-006.jpg  
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #41
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the spacer pics. I'll be doing this to my JK this weekend asmim putting on my rk lift this weekend.

Bill
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #42
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch View Post
Thanks for the spacer pics. I'll be doing this to my JK this weekend asmim putting on my rk lift this weekend.

Bill
very nice, im really hoping this week my lift comes in so i can get it on.
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #43
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

started wet sanding my rockers today, not trying to get anything too shiny so 150 grit is probably the highest ill go. now time to find a nice clear to use on all the aluminum, that or powder coat. plan to install them this weekend most likely. more pictures then!
rockers-001.jpg  
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #44
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
started wet sanding my rockers today, not trying to get anything too shiny so 150 grit is probably the highest ill go. now time to find a nice clear to use on all the aluminum, that or powder coat. plan to install them this weekend most likely. more pictures then!
Don't powercoat, in my opinion it's an absolute waste of money and scrapes off just as easy on the rocks as spray paint does. Also touching up powedercoat sucks and I've never had it blend correctly and it just comes out spotty and crappy looking.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #45
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Don't powercoat, in my opinion it's an absolute waste of money and scrapes off just as easy on the rocks as spray paint does. Also touching up powedercoat sucks and I've never had it blend correctly and it just comes out spotty and crappy looking.
This!
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.