JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   "PHOENIX" AWINSKI's build in memory (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/phoenix-awinskis-build-memory-1507354/)

awinski 04-10-2013 05:06 PM

"PHOENIX" AWINSKI's build in memory

3 Attachment(s)
hey everyone, some of you may remember my last build, my 2012 jku, that didn't exactly end so well. end of story car parked next to me at school caught fire, and eventually it spread to my jeep. i received adequate money from insurance so don't ask, they treated me well. here's a link to the last build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...inski-1432553/

For this build id like to do something a little different, long ago (or not so long to some of you) my father got me involved in jeeps with his 2001 tj, nothing special but i couldn't have loved it more. since he passed away i always wanted to build a jeep in his memory, but in my mind it had to be something i knew he would've loved. "treehugger", my last jeep, just didn't seem right. phoenix will metaphorically rise from treehuggers ashes, had to build this jeep at some time, well i think now its time.

the canvas is a 2012 two door black rubicon, wanted to get back into a jeep asap after mine caught fire, a small local dealer had this one on their lot for a year. needless to say i got an amazing deal on it. the jeep will have a few decals representing my father, and one for krawl off-road who helped me tons with this build! as for mods, there are a few already purchased, and a few that will be future mods. here's what i have so far:
first things first, trim the stock fenders!
rk 2.5" max travel
fox shocks
genright aluminum front bumper with trail bar and grill guard
genright aluminum rear tire carrier
artec front d44 axle armor kit
37x12.5x17 falken wild peaks
17" level 8 strike fives with machined lip
teraflex exhaust spacers
3" rk bump stops
front coil spring clips
poison spyder aluminum rocker armor
off road evolution rear d-ring mounts
AEV procal module
treehuggers old 11klb q-series winch, gonna need new cables.

my plans for later are to regear, new axle shafts, on board air, some sort of rear corner armor, and plenty more that im probably forgetting!
so here it is guys, really hope you like it. should be a fun build :cheers:
here she is "PHOENIX"

wranglerboy13 04-10-2013 05:45 PM

Sorry about your jeep bro...that is so ****ty. I am looking forward to the new build though. I am curious how are you feeling about going from 4 door to 2 door? Not many people do that switch

:tea:

Remmy18 04-10-2013 06:09 PM

Subscribed and good luck man!

spyder6 04-10-2013 06:56 PM

allow me to give this thread a proper name

JLC08JK 04-10-2013 07:06 PM

I just noticed the tragic end of Treehugger last night and I'm glad to see you are making the best of it with this new tribute build for your Father :thumbsup:

Tanimal 04-10-2013 10:35 PM

I feel like a dick for not knowing about your jeep fire sooner, sorry that it happened man but I'm excited to see your new build! Mods stop moving the build threads around !

1222 04-11-2013 02:28 AM

I didn’t know your Jeep burned up but I can relate to how you feel; mine (’08 JKUR) did the same a little over a year ago. As for you loosing you dad that is something too hard to put into words although I can relate to that too.

As far as your new Jeep and build go, I wish you all the luck in the world and will be one of the many who follow along as it progresses.
:cheers2:

Walle 04-11-2013 08:36 AM

Finally...now let's see some progress!

Excellent choice on the color!

:PopCorn:

cyberpyrot 04-11-2013 08:47 AM

Jst a thought next time dont name your jeep after a fire bird!1 lol just kidding :D

KrawlOff-Road 04-11-2013 10:15 AM

Awesome! I can't wait to see this one come together! We are very happy to be a part of this build. I think it is great, what your doing for your father...

If you need anything else, let us know!

-Jason

awinski 04-11-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wranglerboy13 (Post 15278028)
Sorry about your jeep bro...that is so ****ty. I am looking forward to the new build though. I am curious how are you feeling about going from 4 door to 2 door? Not many people do that switch

:tea:

honestly it doesn't bother me much, getting used to the tighter turning took a few days. im sure i'm going to miss it on trips with friends as i can't carry nearly as much, but, for the most part its usually only me and one other in the jeep anyways. the flip up back seat helps a ton!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 15278145)
Subscribed and good luck man!

thanks remmy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder6 (Post 15278436)
allow me to give this thread a proper name

not sure what this means but ok..
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLC08JK (Post 15278492)
I just noticed the tragic end of Treehugger last night and I'm glad to see you are making the best of it with this new tribute build for your Father :thumbsup:

thanks for the positive feed back! trying to make the best of the situation
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanimal (Post 15279464)
I feel like a dick for not knowing about your jeep fire sooner, sorry that it happened man but I'm excited to see your new build! Mods stop moving the build threads around !

don't feel like a wiener tanimal :laugh: should be a fun build
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1222 (Post 15279743)
I didnít know your Jeep burned up but I can relate to how you feel; mine (í08 JKUR) did the same a little over a year ago. As for you loosing you dad that is something too hard to put into words although I can relate to that too.

As far as your new Jeep and build go, I wish you all the luck in the world and will be one of the many who follow along as it progresses.
:cheers2:

yea really sucked, in the middle of class and i get a phone call from a friend saying my jeeps on fire. thanks for following!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walle (Post 15280443)
Finally...now let's see some progress!

Excellent choice on the color!

:PopCorn:

waiting on shipping lol. can't wait to get this thing lifted i hate the look of a stock jk, and yea im not minding the black, i don't care about scratches so im happy with it

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberpyrot (Post 15280489)
Jst a thought next time dont name your jeep after a fire bird!1 lol just kidding :D

it was a friends idea, ive always been a fan of the mythical phoenix so it just happened

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road (Post 15280882)
Awesome! I can't wait to see this one come together! We are very happy to be a part of this build. I think it is great, what your doing for your father...

If you need anything else, let us know!

-Jason

jason, as always thanks for the help, best customer service ever! im certain ill be back soon enough! a build is never really done

spyder6 04-11-2013 11:58 AM

You're obviously unaware of my awesome thread names

Can't wait to see it come together. I'm sure your dad would be proud

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

bhoch 04-11-2013 12:01 PM

Subscribed.

sorry about your Jeep. This is another good canvas to start with! I have always liked working with Jason on my build decisions. Can't go wrong there!
Always sorry to hear about family passing. I can relate to that!

Looking forward to seeing your "new" build!

442Wrangler 04-11-2013 12:16 PM

Good deal on making the switch down in doors. :thumbsup:

awinski 04-11-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder6 (Post 15281415)
You're obviously unaware of my awesome thread names

Can't wait to see it come together. I'm sure your dad would be proud

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

haha obviously, thanks for the support!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhoch (Post 15281429)
Subscribed.

sorry about your Jeep. This is another good canvas to start with! I have always liked working with Jason on my build decisions. Can't go wrong there!
Always sorry to hear about family passing. I can relate to that!

Looking forward to seeing your "new" build!

thanks! and yea jason is a great guy, and kor is the tits!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 442Wrangler (Post 15281507)
Good deal on making the switch down in doors. :thumbsup:

haha we'll see soon how different it is off road. :cheers2:

The time now is 10:20 AM.