Passenger-side air bag??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Passenger-side air bag???

1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday Sale

Unread 03-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #16
SPDSNYPR

Thanks for the responses. I'll go back and read the manual - it kinda confused me the first time. I was just worried when the light didn't come on when the kids were sitting up front.

SPDSNYPR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #17
jeepers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR
Thanks for the responses. I'll go back and read the manual - it kinda confused me the first time. I was just worried when the light didn't come on when the kids were sitting up front.
Another poster is right though - it's not recommended that kids sit up front anyway. Of course, I don't think it is my or anyone else's business where your kids sit when they are in your Jeep - and I certainly don't care where they sit. But, that is the recommendation from various safety experts, for what it's worth.
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #18
SPDSNYPR

Yeah, they almost always sit in back, but I have had a few occasions where I needed to fold the rear seats down to get big stuff in the back, and for whatever reason our local cops don't like the kids riding duct-taped to the roof or left at home alone. I can't figure that one out.

Again, I think it would have been nice to have a key override like the older TJ, but they didn't ask me before they started building these things.
SPDSNYPR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:08 AM   #19
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykermp5
all hail the mighty roll cage and those pesky seat belts!!!

speaking of, i am in the habit of taking off my seat belt when i enter the driveway... while s till moving, is there anyway to get rid of that annoying warning bell???

The process for getting rid of the warning bell is detailed in the manual and also in another thread somewhere in this forum. As I dont have they manual in front of me I can only attempt to instruct you. I beleive what you have to do is as follows:

First, Start with the car off and your seat belt buckled.
Second, Turn the car to the on posions (or start the car either way)
Thrid, Unbuckle and buckle your seat belt at least three times....ending with the seat belt buckled. (once this is complete you should hear another bell to let you know that it worked)

The Light on the dash will remain on no matter what.

Again please cheak your manual as I'm not 100% on this.

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
2007 JK Rubi (Steel Blue)
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
redrom01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 11:38 AM   #20
jeepers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrom01
First, Start with the car off and your seat belt buckled.
Second, Turn the car to the on posions (or start the car either way)
Thrid, Unbuckle and buckle your seat belt at least three times....ending with the seat belt buckled. (once this is complete you should hear another bell to let you know that it worked)
Yeah, I did this, but it doesn't work the way people make it out to sound.

It disables the bell from going off when you are going down the road and unhook your belt, or from going off later if you never hooked your belt in the first place - but it doesn't keep the bell from going off for 7 or 8 times when you first start the car, which is what I was most interested in.

I followed the procedure, I got the little "chime" that says "OK, I accept your command", so I assume I did things correctly - but of course, it is always possible that I did not. Has anyone else been able to use this to keep the seatbelt bell from going off at all, even when you first start the car without the belt being connected?
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.