Passenger seat rear access - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Passenger seat rear access

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
McC2430
2007 JK Wrangler 

Passenger seat rear access

When we bought our '07 Rubicon the passenger seat would 'fold' and move forward when the top lever (of the two on the side) was rotated. Then for some reason the seat would no longer move forward. It would still 'fold' but it wouldn't move.
So, today I finally looked under the seat and everything looked ok. The cable that hooks up to the seat release bar is connected, the slide mechinism is released on the door side of the seat but, the side next to the transmission tunnel seems to have a piece missing. The tab that is welded onto the crossbar has a hole drilled in it and there is nothing there.
I looked online for a diagram of the seat release mechinism but, I guess I'm not smart enough to find it. The slide release lever toward the transmission looks like it is too tall to have the 'tab' move it down. It looks like there should be a ramp (???) of some kind to depress the tranmission side slider lock.

So, there it is. Has anyone else had this issue or do you have a diagram that might show me the seat release mechinisim? A pic of someone elses trans tunnel side of the seat release would even be nice to see if mine is jacked up or not.

Thanks guys and girls.

McC2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

There is a pin down there that has slid out of position, It's a dumb design, but an easy fix.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/2...enger-1104397/
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
McC2430
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks jstrubberg. That really is a silly design for something that moves all the time.
McC2430 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram , passenger seat

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.