Passenger Seat Issues UNSAFE... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Passenger Seat Issues UNSAFE...

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 05-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
TXWK131
2009 JK Wrangler 

Passenger Seat Issues UNSAFE...

Anyone run into this...

My passenger seat will not stay locked in place... The slide (fwd&bkwd)
as well as the recline (bk&up). Everytime I hit the brakes or accelerate the seat will come sliding forward or just move into easy entrance position.

I have checked the rails for any interference as well as the cross member that sits in the cutouts... can't find anything...

Help me please!!!

Wife is pissed that she can't ride in the Jeep right now!

DIY DECK LID
[/CENTER]

2006 Navy WK HEMI ~RK 3.5 lift - 17" Moabs - Toyo 265.70.17 AT - Bedliner Paint Job - [COLOR="Red"][B]SOLD[/B][/COLOR]

'85 XJ... Still tryin to figure out what the heck I have in this piece of Junk! But you gotta start somewhere
TXWK131 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXWK131 View Post
...Wife is pissed that she can't ride in the Jeep right now!...
Well depending on how you look at it, that could be a good thing.

On a more serious note you might want to look under the seat to see what you can find. Perhaps a broke cable or even a broken tab.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXWK131 View Post
Anyone run into this...

My passenger seat will not stay locked in place... The slide (fwd&bkwd)
as well as the recline (bk&up). Everytime I hit the brakes or accelerate the seat will come sliding forward or just move into easy entrance position.

I have checked the rails for any interference as well as the cross member that sits in the cutouts... can't find anything...

Help me please!!!

Wife is pissed that she can't ride in the Jeep right now!

The upper lever is the "easy entry lever", push the lever backward to disengage it.

Slide the seat all the way forward, then while holding the seat all the way forward straighten the back up upright until it locks. Then slide the whole seat all the way back until it locks in.

Make sure nothing is preventing the seat from sliding all the way backward or else it can't "lock" in.

It's probably either the easy entry lever is not re-engaging, or something is preventing the seat from sliding all the way back to the lock position.
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
T00THD0C
2013 JK Wrangler 

While familarizing myself with my new Jeep I found a "Mystery Rubber Thing" under the passenger seat. It's a molded rubber piece that looks like it was intended to cover some of the wiring or something. I looked under the driver's side seat and didn't see anything like it. I stuck it in the glovebox for now. It was just lying there on the floor under the seat. If yours had something similar I could see how it would be possible to get in the tracks and jam things up.
T00THD0C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.