Parking brake lever tension spring replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Parking brake lever tension spring replacement

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 10-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Parking brake lever tension spring replacement

My parking brake hasn't worked, period, most of the 4+ years I've owned it.
I took the console off today to try to tighten the cable near the lever, but as I engaged it to get the console up and off, the spring blew. WTFEver.

I found what I think is a decently priced replacement, OEM, but shipping made it cost $58 total, so not such a great deal.....

Anyway, if anybody has problems with this (and you will):

http://oem.factorymoparparts.com/mopar-parts-catalog

(I know this has been addressed, like by RJenx, but I thought it could use a fresh bump)

e-brake-spring-4-copy.jpg  

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

This is what a member of another forum, (wilky67333), did to fix his. It's working great for him.

ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Good info (Mopar parts catalog) but I do have to say that the way things look like inside there reminds me of an old time gas station toilet rim and surrounding surfaces.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.