Painting Sahara bumper inserts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Painting Sahara bumper inserts

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
jeepcouple
2012 JK Wrangler 

Painting Sahara bumper inserts

I have a 2012 Flame red Sahara and I would really like to have the silver bumper inserts painted red. Anyone have any luck painting them?

Thanks

jeepcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ive thought of this too.....here in the states ..(probably there too) you can get factory matched(paint code) paint in a rattle can, i just got some .its perfect match and as durable as factory sprayed paint
rubiwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

I'd say lightly sand with fine grit sandpaper, wipe down with 99% isopropyl alcohol, allow to dry, proceed with light coats of spray-bomb paint, allowing to dry between coats until even.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.