Painting exhaust - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Painting exhaust

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 09-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #16
Moparrules
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have a 08 Unlimited and the damm muffler looked like it had spots, I cleaned it and painted it with Rust O high heat probably 2 yrs ago and it still looks great! The black actually hides the muffler and looks really nice compared with the low end stainless steel muff Jeep installed.

Moparrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
wingit

Damn it I like how that looks. I need to stay off these forums I have enough projects. LOL

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/wingit/wrangler][IMG]http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/204189.png[/IMG][/URL]
wingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #18
DiodeDynamics
Jeep Lighting Experts

+1 on the High-temp header paint! That is a very durable paint for exhaust

Looks awesome!!

Nick C.

Lighting / Acrylic Your Source For Jeep Lighting and Acrylic
We have the LOWEST PRICES around... check us out! > www.diodedynamics.com
DiodeDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #19
Afmcronnie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
In my experience, the high heat paint simply does not work on automotive exhausts. Rust sets in quickly. You're better off not wasting your time IMHO.
I did the exhaust on my 2009 Patriot FDI, my 2012 JK and my 2013 JKU. My 2011 Patriot FDII was painted from the factory. A guy at work bought the 2009, 50K miles and the paint on that muffler still looks good. No rust. I didnt use primer on any of them. I did them when they were new. The Wranglers were done as soon as I got home from the dealer. I rub them down with 00 steel wool and clean them up with alcohol. After spraying I go for a ride, twice, to cure them. If the muffler already has rust it would be a whole different technique. If you dont remove the rust, it WILL come back. Do it from new, clean it good and cure it, it will last for years. (Unless you scrape it off...)
Afmcronnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.