Painting 2010 4dr JK rims - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Painting 2010 4dr JK rims

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
IrishBullfrog

Agree with the plastic dip.. Here is older pic.. And one after I took them off..

image-270953116.jpg   image-1517831417.jpg  
IrishBullfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #17
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1TJ838 View Post
I have used this in the past on some Canyon rims for my old TJ and it turned out great. I definitely second this wheel paint. I have heard great things about this plasti-dip stuff. My biggest concern with it would be if you can touch it up as well as if you were to use the rattle can wheel paint.
If you do several light layers over the part you want to touch up, it will come out like it never even happened. The great thing about PlastiDip is you can layer it on over and over again and as long as no one layer is too thick it will look great no matter how many times you go over it. It meshes with itself very nicely.
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
mrkevin

I already replaced four of my wheels but my spare is still factory so I think I am going to plastidip it so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

mrkevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #19
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

x2 on the rustoleum paint. i used playing cards inbetween the rim and the tire, and used the method of clean, sand, clean....then apply a few coats. Yes.....you can't peel it off like PlastiDip, but you can just paint over it. Any nicks can be touched up pretty easily.

The only warning is when you go to balance your tires, tell the shop to do an "inner" balance. This will place the silver wheel weights on the inside of the rim (invisible) instead of the outside (stick out like sore thumbs). I chose to stick with factory lugs instead of aftermarket black lugs for a bit of contrast....but may change.
100_1991.jpg   100_2011.jpg  

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #20
the_cable_guy
2008 JK Wrangler 

I used dupli wheel paint from Canadian tire turned out good but recently had my wheel rebalanced and the shop was a little rough with them. Also my wheels were destroyed from previous owner very rough looking.
image-381127634.jpg   image-665357658.jpg   image-2420204691.jpg  
Unread 04-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #21
mrkevin

I plastidipped my spare today, it was easy and turned out pretty good for a 15 minute project.

mrkevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #22
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks good dude
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #23
PhatJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
I painted the inner portion of my stock Sahara 18" wheels. Duplicolor wheel paint is easy to use. It comes in Black too.

Bill
Very nice paint job. Like the constrasty look

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="White"][B]09 Unlimited Rubicon [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Teraflex 2.5" spring lift kit
ORFAB tire carrier
PhatJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #24
Caveman757
2014 JK Wrangler 

Can't believe I had never heard of this stuff till recently. Looks amazing. Can't wait to try it.
Caveman757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #25
jeepjeep523
1998 ZJ 

anyone have pics of the charcoal and metalizer? im thinking about it but cant find any good photos to see what it really looks like before I buy it.
jeepjeep523 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #26
Ripnowell45

I am new to Jeeps but I bedlined my Xterra wheels and they turned out great. Holds up better than regular rattle can.
Ripnowell45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.