Paint Touch Up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Paint Touch Up

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
eillirand
2010 JK Wrangler 

Paint Touch Up

I have the 2010 Natural Green Pearl Jeep and have a few areas (small) that need to be touched up. Mostly taking on and off the doors, I chipped small areas of paint off.

Anyways, Where can I purchase the exact match paint to do touch ups? Years ago, dealers used to provide a little touch up paint bottle for such tasks; they seem to have gotten cheap and I expect them to want more than it is worth.

Thanks!

eillirand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eillirand View Post
I have the 2010 Natural Green Pearl Jeep and have a few areas (small) that need to be touched up. Mostly taking on and off the doors, I chipped small areas of paint off.

Anyways, Where can I purchase the exact match paint to do touch ups? Years ago, dealers used to provide a little touch up paint bottle for such tasks; they seem to have gotten cheap and I expect them to want more than it is worth.

Thanks!
Check the sticker on the drivers door jam. It should list the paint code then check the parts store or auto body supply. That's how I was able to get mine.
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Glion
2004 WJ 

doesnt come with the car? here you always get a little bottle with the brush...so you have the exact color. Stuff keeps coming back of though
Glion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Stealership should have combi paint pen/brush about $10.00 CDN . They still have it for my 07' Rubi in Rescue Green . They also sell half size rattle cans for about $20.00 CDN . Expensive but it is a factory matched colour .
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

^ Yea, thatís where I get mine.
Unread 07-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

google it. alotta paint companies online.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
leftturn

you can find them online easily. i got two rock chips on my other car and got paint for $15 here the match was perfect

i think your color code is GN/HGN
leftturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 03:50 AM   #8
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

most decent auto body paint stores will be able to match your color. Probably a lot cheap then the stealership also..Yellow pages would work if you want something local:P
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , touch up paint , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.