P0441 code @ 3886 miles and results - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > P0441 code @ 3886 miles and results

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 11-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
megawatt308
2013 JK Wrangler 

P0441 code @ 3886 miles and results

Figured I would share the results of this code showing up on my new 2013 JKU. It might help someone in the future.

I was 25 miles into my 35 mile commute home after working nightshift. Driving with cruise control on, ECO light on the dash, 70mph, 5:30 am and 48F outside. Dashboard alarm chimes once, CEL turns on and the ECO light turns off. Jeep continues to drive just fine with no change in engine performance or sound, so I continue on home instead of pulling over on highway in the dark. I did reset the MPG calculation while driving and it remained at 18.2 mpg for the remainder of the trip home so I gambled it was not going to hurt the engine to continue to drive.

When I got home I did the on-off-on-off-on-off-on sequence with the key in the ignition to pull the trouble codes. Only a single code appeared in the speedometer window "P0441". A quick internet search for the code reveals "Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow. Read more at: obd-codes linky.

I drop off the Jeep at my dealership two days later after only 8 weeks of ownership and get a shuttle ride home. Six hours later I get the phone call says they know the problem and the part is in Los Angeles and will be delivered at 8am, Jeep will be ready by noon tomorrow. Or if I need my Jeep I can take it home and come back 10 days from now at next avaliable appointment for repairs. This tells me driving with a P0441 code is not going to hurt the engine if I can drive for 10 days prior to repairs. I voted to leave Jeep there overnight and complete repairs.

Everything is repaired today and all is well, both Jeep and myself are once again happy. The service write up for repairs consisted of the following:

Installed 4891685AB : Detector: evaporative system
Installed 52129436AA: seal: vapor canister
Installed 4891731AA: valve: linear purge
Replace ESIM and purge solinoid per check out
clear code, test, ok

Everything was covered under warranty but I asked what would be estimate if it was not under warranty just for curiosity and he said $300 parts and labor. I work at a electrical powerplant so I am familiar with electrical components that decide to go bad "without warning". Hopefully trips to the dealership turns out to be a rare visit because I am super happy driving my Jeep "so far".

megawatt308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Well there’s a rarity; a satisfied customer of a Jeep dealerships service department.

Glad it all worked out for you. Do you mind saying what Jeep dealership it is?
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
megawatt308
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Well there’s a rarity; a satisfied customer of a Jeep dealerships service department.

Glad it all worked out for you. Do you mind saying what Jeep dealership it is?

Bought and serviced at Chapman Jeep on autoshow drive.
megawatt308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, they are about 4-5 minutes away from me.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.