Ox Locker installed - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ox Locker installed

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJeep Tweaks at JeepHutSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 05-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #16
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsy View Post
This is a quote from four wheeler http://www.fourwheeler.com/projectbu...les/index.html

"And don't forget the gears, which are the only gears on the market to have a dual bolt pattern designed to work with one of two possible bolt sizes (midway through the 2007 production, Jeep upped the ring bolts from 7/16-inch to 1/2-inch to accommodate overseas diesel models). Even the installation kit comes complete with both sets of bolts, so no matter what setup you have, you are covered."
Good find.. We used a Superior overhaul kit to install my OX with and it did come with both size bolts.

SO... If the standard (now) is 1/2", why is ARB still shipping out 7/16"? You would think they would know better by now. Of course OX is a different story since they have only shipped 2 JK lockers at this point.

Sidenote for anyone that plans on doing an Ox in the future. The Ox does not come with new bearings & races (as the ARB does). So you have to buy new bearings, races, and bolts for the install.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #17
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Good information n2rock. ARB lockers are in my future. I'll definitely discuss bolt sizes with the installer before ordering anything. First I have to finish getting my suspension sorted out.(again)
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #18
dsy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
SO... If the standard (now) is 1/2", why is ARB still shipping out 7/16"? You would think they would know better by now. Of course OX is a different story since they have only shipped 2 JK lockers at this point.
Sounds like OX never got the memo And ARB is covering both sizes
Flame red unlimited Rubicon 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto , 35" KM2's, RCV front axles, 3 1/2" AEV premium lift, AEV snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant,Full River Raider Alum skids, Marchal E-Code Lamps, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 Mygig w/ipod interface, Katzkin leather, ya its got a Hemi :-)http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/little-upgrade-607325/
dsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #19
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsy View Post
Sounds like OX never got the memo
Yeah.. But it sounds like ARB never got the memo either since they are still shipping 7/16" too. You would think that ARB would have gotten it by now considering the amount of their lockers that have been installed.

All this time I thought my 1/2" was the oddball. Now I find out that the 1/2" is the norm.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Quote:
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 05-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #20
dsy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Got this email from Superior Gear today

Basically Jan. 07 and earlier have the small 7/16 ring gear bolts and anything produced after that has the larger ring gear bolts. The good news is Superior is now producing the rear JK gears with both large and small ring gear bolt holes all on one gear set. The one thing you may need to watch out for is if you order from one of my distributors that has had them sitting on the shelf they may stock from an older run which is only single drilled.
Flame red unlimited Rubicon 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto , 35" KM2's, RCV front axles, 3 1/2" AEV premium lift, AEV snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant,Full River Raider Alum skids, Marchal E-Code Lamps, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 Mygig w/ipod interface, Katzkin leather, ya its got a Hemi :-)http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=607325
dsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #21
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Way to go DSY That is good info to know.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #22
turbowilber
2002 TJ Wrangler 

install looks great! very clean, i like the look of the lever locations, im trying to figure out where im gonna mount mine
turbowilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #23
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Neat to see an Ox in action. I read a lot about them before I made my decision to go ARB.

Oh, also - I drilled my ARB to 1/2" (33/64") with a small drill press and never broke one bit, just stepped up 1/16" each hole. I wanted to go with the 1/2" while I was at it. It worked out perfect in the end.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.