Overseas Jeep (military purchase) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Overseas Jeep (military purchase)

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #16
theglobalguy

Greg, I'm at VBC in Baghdad right now, leaving tomorrow after 14 months. I'm picking up my new 4 door Rubicon next Thursday in Denver, and I'm still pretty happy with the deal I got. I actually placed the order last October, and have been checking the rebates every month when the new ones come out. Last January they had an incredible $2000.00 rebate that I haven't seen since, plus all the college, loyalty, etc discounts. The sales guy immediately repriced it, and dropped the total by 500 bucks.

I got all the options, dual tops, leather, premium paint, nav radio, tow package, side air bags...basically everything except for the automatic transmission and my price before Tax was $34,097. I talked to the dealer in Denver where I'm picking it up and was told that taxes and registration would be $2642.51 for a total price of $36,739.51 out the door. I don't know if that's the best I could have done, but I think its reasonable at least.

I was a huge pain in the butt for them as well...I must have changed my mind on colors, base trim, etc about 10 times before I finally settled on what I got. They did a good job of being tolerant of my needs!

theglobalguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #17
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

AAFES has changed alot. back in 2003 i looked at a loaded rubicon. found it for 21K new. back then it was a 30k+ Jeep in the states. back in 2003 AAFES basically sold you the vehicles at cost. now they are making a larger profit.

last time i was in Ballad i was disappointed that a 2010 Rubi loaded was still around 28K. the discount isnt there anymore.

IMO a rubi at 30K+ new is a bad deal. especially when i got my 2007 sahara at 26K (sticker was 32K)

remember guys, its AAFES. they find what you are looking for and ship it anywhere. its fairly cheap. and he is not shipping it to iraq as a DD. LoL its going to his home of record.

if you are dead set on getting a rubicon. order exactly what you want. or just look for a good used one.

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" '07 Jeep JK 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook Twitter YouTube

MrDeids.com Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires Poison Spyder Customs Poly Performance Rigid Industries Rock Krawler Suspension Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #18
Ben Hedrick
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOrange View Post
Just playing around on Jeep's website and putting nearly every option on a Rubicon puts the MSRP price at $34,465 so it doesn't sound like you're getting much under that. But demand plays heavily into price so I don't know if you can haggle more.
Huh? A loaded Rubicon Unlimited can be over $37K. I think you are missing some options. The GPS/Nav system is about a $1200 option.
2007 5.7L HEMI JK Black Super Sahara (sold)
2002 4.0L AEV Brute TJ - (sold)
2003 6.4L HEMI AEV Brute
Ben Hedrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #19
Chairborne64
2010 JK Wrangler 

Another option you might want to try is the USAA buying service. I just picked up a new 2010 Rubicon for well under the MSRP using that program.
Chairborne64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #20
Greg_Volkman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgalway View Post
Very helpful. Thank you for the comment. Nothing in the OP said anything about just doing the paperwork overseas and then picking it up stateside. I travel overseas nearly 200,000miles per year, I know a little about international import/export, customs duties, etc. Just trying to offer advice where I can.
Sorry - yes, this is a program for military only to purchase overseas and have the vehicle built and delivered in the states. NO WAY am I buying a car on the local economy here in Iraq.
Greg_Volkman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #21
Greg_Volkman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
AAFES has changed alot. back in 2003 i looked at a loaded rubicon. found it for 21K new. back then it was a 30k+ Jeep in the states. back in 2003 AAFES basically sold you the vehicles at cost. now they are making a larger profit.

last time i was in Ballad i was disappointed that a 2010 Rubi loaded was still around 28K. the discount isnt there anymore.

IMO a rubi at 30K+ new is a bad deal. especially when i got my 2007 sahara at 26K (sticker was 32K)

remember guys, its AAFES. they find what you are looking for and ship it anywhere. its fairly cheap. and he is not shipping it to iraq as a DD. LoL its going to his home of record.

if you are dead set on getting a rubicon. order exactly what you want. or just look for a good used one.
I am in Balad right now. I too am dissapointed. I swear the last time I was over here the cars were tax exempt! I really want one of these, but I am old enough and close enough to retirement to differentiate between what I WANT and what I NEED. Plus I have spent way too much on my current jeep. If I do get a new one, I will likely sell one of the other vehicles, if not both.
Greg_Volkman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.