Orders to Alaska... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Orders to Alaska...

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #61
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgut View Post
Isn't that why we buy jeeps? To go to out of the way places others don't, on real sucky roads.
Sure. But honestly, the ONLY reason to go to Chicken is simply to say (truthfully), "I have been to Chicken, Alaska" - to which most people would say, "where???" Given the expense involved, there are far more interesting places to go.

Quote:
Chicken is one of the places I would like to see, burned or not.
Why?

Quote:
If it becomes a real tourist trap like some of the places around here in Colorado then I will stay away.
Um...............Chicken only exists at all to be a tourist trap. A place for the tour buses to stop and let their passengers off to stretch their legs, take a piss and buy some overpriced merchandise. Chicken is virtually the definition of a "tourist trap."

In all seriousness - if you want to have an off-road adventure in Alaska, you're better off driving up the haul road or something. It's a lot more interesting than the route to Chicken and beyond.

waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #62
riptide
2012 JK Wrangler 

At least it's not that far off the beaten path (~80miles)... as opposed to Hyder AK or Stewart BC...
Unread 03-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #63
04 RUBI
2009 JK Wrangler 

Warning. Overloading a PCS move vehicle to gain funding from tonage is punishable under UCMJ.
1.You take an empty Uhaul to a way station
2. get receipt registering empty weight
3. load vehicle
4. bring back to way station get filled receipt.
5. hope to hell that you are not one of the many that get spot checked

When I was in there were folks loading pickups etc in the back and getting caught. The best was getting a keg and all your buddies in back to weigh it down. You know cause a bunch of drunk joes are going keep quiet at the weigh station and not call any attention to the inspectors.

If you get stuff that you are going to use like appliances and bumpers etc. go for it. That's legit. Getting crooked and getting caught is going to end up costing you money and probably rank. Art 15s suck. Ask how I know.

my $.02
04 RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.