Order Code GT? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Order Code GT?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-21-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Order Code GT?

So I just called up to find out if the colour change I requested went through (from Silver to Black) and was told there was a material restriction on the thing (waiting for something to show up I guess) and that the order code was GT?

There's no GT in the FAQ, any idea what she was talking about?

Kyoseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
FleetPlans.com
2000 TJ Wrangler 

My guess is that they meant to say "BG" - that's the code for orders that are in the system, but unbuildable due to material restrictions.

The DCX system is structured alphabetically - the closer you get to KZX the closer you are to picking up your Jeep.

Good luck with your order and I hope that you enjoy your new Jeep.

SBH
FleetPlans.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

I had a feeling that was probably the case, it's a little irksome because it was in BX on monday, I guess changing the colour reset the schedule, oh well, it'll get here eventually
Unread 12-21-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
FleetPlans.com
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoseki
I had a feeling that was probably the case, it's a little irksome because it was in BX on monday, I guess changing the colour reset the schedule, oh well, it'll get here eventually
I can relate to your frustration - I always hate it when it seems like I'm going backwards.

I doubt, however, that the change in color had anything to do with the change from BX to BG. (It's possible, but paint is not one of the more common restrictions.)

I'd suggest you ask your dealer why the order is in BG status and see if they can provide you an ETA of when the restriction will be lifted. I've seem instances in the past where an order is in BG and the material restriction is just minor - fog lights as an example. You might find that you're willing to drop an option if it changes your order back to BX.

Good luck with your order and have a great evening.
FleetPlans.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

I just called the dealer and they seem to think there's a problem with the hard tops AGAIN and that any vehicle with the hard top is just sitting there in standby for the moment.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.