Optic Armor Windows - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Optic Armor Windows

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 04-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
Optic-Armor
Vendor

Optic Armor Windows

Has anyone ever heard of Optic Armor Windows for Jeeps? We are a manufacture of direct fit Severe Duty windows supporting the Jeep market! If you are tired of breaking your windshield, look us up. 573-317-9066

Optic-Armor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #2
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Website, link, pics?
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

http://opticarmorwindows.com/jeepwindshields.html

not much info there but for $350 I want to see product test.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
Optic-Armor
Vendor

Our windows are formed and hard coated on both sides, trimmed to size, blackout out with an epoxy ink, and will fit directly back into the factory location. The coating is like rainX and never goes away, and will withstand rubbing with .0000 steel wool. You cannot break these! Rock chips are a thing of the past. We have had customers roll their Jeeps in the trails and the windshield pops out and they just pop it back it place. Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
http://opticarmorwindows.com/jeepwindshields.html

not much info there but for $350 I want to see product test.
Unread 04-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

just replaced mine 2 weeks ago... bolt kicked up from semi and totaled my window. Glass was on me all over the dash. it even penetrated the glass. pissed me off. had to wheel that whole day with a window that looked like i flopped it. Ins covered it but, i would rather have one like this guy is selling ANY day.BUT is it UV resistant, one issue lexan, Polly carbonate has is yellowing? these ok in the sun?
Unread 04-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #6
whatevah
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just FYI guys, unless the laws have recently changed, these are not legal for road vehicles. The windshield needs to be able to be easily broken to allow you to escape from a wrecked vehicle and allow fire/rescue to tear things apart to rescue you. Of course, not really an issue for a Wrangler, but still a technical legal thing.

I'm happy that I survived 2013 without killing a windshield. Broke two in 2012...
Unread 04-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #7
Optic-Armor
Vendor

Yes we have to say that, these are Off Road use only and not DOT Legal. With that being said most people do what they want when it comes to there projects. The material we use is not Lexan; Lexan is a brand name for polycarbonate. We use a much better material and it is the same material used in our armed forces armored vehicles and yes the hard coating does have a UV inheritor to protect it from the sun. These windows will stop a 22 bullet just in case you were curious how tough they were. We have a new website being created as we speak but here is the current one. http://www.opticarmorwindows.com/jeepwindshields.html

Give me a call if you have any questions 573-317-9066.
Aaron
Unread 04-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #8
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Will you be making these available through Canadian distributors at some point or will it need to be ordered direct from you guys?

What are the effects of severe cold on these products? I'm speaking about the -40*C/F range.

Street legal or not, I'm all for something that will last many times longer than the stock glass for a small price increase.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #9
Optic-Armor
Vendor

We are selling direct at the moment. You will not have any problems in -40 degree range. We make 3/4" laminates for severe duty machines and they are used in mining operations and forestry applications up there in Canada and no one has broke one yet. Just to give you an idea, we frozen the laminate down to -52 and shot a 5lb lead tooth off of a bucket, out of an air cannon at 800 ft per second and our window did not break! Our window insulates better than glass and the sound deadening properties are better as well. I hope I have answered your question. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Aaron
Unread 04-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #10
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Street legal or not, I'm all for something that will last many times longer than the stock glass for a small price increase.
Has anyone had inspection problems? I kinda think the guy at my local "quick lube and inspection spot" would'nt event notice...

I'm real interested in going this route.
Unread 04-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #11
Optic-Armor
Vendor

For the month of April we are going to give JeepForum Members a 10% discount off of jobber.
Unread 04-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #12
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

DOT makes you feel safe? might as well park it and walk. Ever been to a extraction? they cut the A pillars peal the top back. People have a faith in things not seen and trust in designs that are flawed out of the box. I could put DOT on anything, even this window. NO one has a list of what is or is not. No one test this stuff as well. Its just a sign that it might be up to a standard. Like GM ignition or a wrangler clock spring all are horrible designs made to be cost effective that will fail when you need it. I would not drive a Jeep with airbags after what i have seen and studied. 5 point and a seat made for these. hard mounted. no computer that thinks it can.

K.I.S.S is a lost design principle.

my next window will be one of these.
Unread 04-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #13
idahojku
2008 JK Wrangler 

Once my windshield breaks more haha ima get one of these
idahojku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #14
GeoBigJon
Cactus Hobbit

2014 JK Wrangler 

Interesting!

If you eat, drink, or wear cloths then you're involved in agriculture.
GeoBigJon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #15
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

What's the longest anyone has used one? How does it install? Like a regular windshield with the silicone and such?

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.