Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 04-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #121
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Well - the swap meet was a FoMo event - if I needed a mexican block 302, or wood panel bed for my '54 F100 - I would have been in the right place

On the plus side, I didn't spend a dollar more than the $5 parking and $5 entry fees - even avoided the ****-your-pants fried food vendors!

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #122
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

OKAY - on to stage two of my build...after getting my steering in order with the Rock Krawler Ultimate Steering Package and PRO tie rod, I will not be doing anything for awhile...as I will be saving for the following:

Champion Ion style 174 wheels with Sandex style beadlocks - black finished wheels with anodized red outer ring:

I don't know a lot about the differences between beadlocks, other than what I have read - so please enlighten me if I am looking at an inferior wheel, more than open to suggestions

Poison Spyder Crusher Corners, painted to match Flame Red

Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, removable outer skid painted to match Flame Red

Poison Spyder Rock Brawler rear bumper, cleverly painted black and red to keep the theme going

Poison Spyder Bombshell diff covers, painted red and black

Metalcloak Aluminum Inner Fenders

I have some saving to do! I think I want to replace the soft top with a ORH whisper top, as well...time to get to work!
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #123
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Got two of my inexpensive mods done this weekend

Muuffler Before:

Muffler After:

My second project was putting together a decent first-aid kit...this is what I have so far:

Medium sized gauze pads
Large sized no-stick wound dressings
self adhereing (no skin-stick) wrap in a slim width and wide width
small, medium, and large finger splints
Finger dressings plus finger cots
butterfly bandaids
a couple different sized bandaids
Aspirin
small container of iodine
ACE wrap
mole skin
lighter
matches

I need to run by a local medical supply store for a decent one size fits most style splint, and also a tourniquet.

I took the doors of this weekend as well

If only I had taken them off after seeing Jones Middle School Baseball players' car wash

Unread 04-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #124
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

as for beadlocks. I like Hutchinson Rock Monsters. They are DOT legal too.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #125
CooterTKE
2010 JK Wrangler 

Don't forget gloves and a saline solution eye wash for your first aid kit. Saline solution can be used for eye injury as well as to wash in case of acid exposure. Scissors are also missing.
CooterTKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #126
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooterTKE View Post
Don't forget gloves and a saline solution eye wash for your first aid kit. Saline solution can be used for eye injury as well as to wash in case of acid exposure. Scissors are also missing.
Have gloves in there, as well as a multipurpose tool, though a small pair of scissors might be more convenient - I think my dad has an extra pair of medical scissors lying around, with the skin safe bottom side.
Saline solution is a great idea. Thanks!
Unread 04-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #127
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Did the mesh grill mod today...turned out well! I'm wondering how it will look if I do the grill black and the mesh red...
forumrunner_20110418_144700.jpg   forumrunner_20110418_144712.jpg   forumrunner_20110418_144735.jpg   forumrunner_20110418_144802.jpg  
Unread 04-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #128
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

I want to put something painted red behind the spider cutout on my PSC bumper...any ideas what to use and how to secure it?
Unread 04-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #129
Will16

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
I want to put something painted red behind the spider cutout on my PSC bumper...any ideas what to use and how to secure it?
Awesome rig!

I've seen people use a sheet of colored material like acrylic and just use strong magnets to hold. Seen one where a guy wired a red light behind the logo which looked really awesome!
Will16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #130
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will16 View Post
Awesome rig!

I've seen people use a sheet of colored material like acrylic and just use strong magnets to hold. Seen one where a guy wired a red light behind the logo which looked really awesome!
Thanks man

Good idea - the ambient light would look awesome at night...I'll work my brain and see if I can come up with a way to do both (magnets are a good idea), so it's visible day and night Thanks for the suggestion!

Mike
Unread 04-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #131
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post

10char
what happened? ...mess up another pair of j. crew pants?

lol great thread...glad i could inspire you to document your build; jeeps are like babies, you turn around and the next thing you know they're all "grown up". keep up the good work.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #132
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c

what happened? ...mess up another pair of j. crew pants?

lol great thread...glad i could inspire you to document your build; jeeps are like babies, you turn around and the next thing you know they're all "grown up". keep up the good work.

b_c
Ha ha thanks man no more j crew issues, but I did get undercoating on a pair of my true religions today...I need start changing clothes before I work on the jeep

Installed the fuel filler door today, also replaced all the screw center retaining plug things that hold the grill with a less crAppy version...
forumrunner_20110420_211753.jpg   fueldoor.jpg  
Unread 04-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #133
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Rattle canned the emblem black...just have to do the Rubicon deal black now. Think ill paint the d rings black too
forumrunner_20110421_155655.jpg  
Unread 04-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #134
CCGRUNT0331
2008 JK Wrangler 

Man I don't think addiction is a strong enough word! Haha I'll be joining the club in 24 hours! I don't think I'll get any sleep tonight!
Unread 04-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #135
CCGRUNT0331
2008 JK Wrangler 

Forgot to say congrats on all the work! Looks UHMAZING!

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.