Look at it this way, now you have more time for the other mods.......
Now I have less money for other mods I gave a buddy $200 to help me make it right....he made it worse (but he needed the cash, so I'll just consider it a charitable contribution )
Originally Posted by trav87
The updates look great so far! I hear you on the audio part. I have always done my own installs in the past and it was a breeze. Now with all the adapters and crap needed I have had my headunit in and out 3 times trying to get it all working (finally works) and I never got it to work in my WK.
Yeah too complicated for my blood...it's over at Columbus Car audio now, it's going to cost me about $500 but they will make it right
So I went and found an innactive quarry not too far from home - there was a Columbia Gas truck there, the guy said not to be too long, the owners of the property are pretty strict with this kind of stuff, but as long as I wasnt hunting or fishing, shouldnt be any big deal. I debated asking permission first, but thought I might be shooting myself in the foot by doing so.
I'm so jealous of all of you that live out west with your legal trails
Having some fun............ The Line-X looks good. Was that done at the shop on Huntley? How's the issues with the stereo going?
Yeah, the shop on Huntley did it (Todd and Kevin are good guys) - $200 for both rear wells and they sprayed some undercoating on the front.
cols car audio got the issues wrapped up for me yesterday - sounds pretty good, but hopi9ng there's a bit of a break-in period that needs conquered as some have suggested...not sure if they sound as good as they cost
I still have the issue with crackling/popping from the speakers (associated with harder bass hits), but my dad swears it only happens when the hard top is on...has to be some weird kind of static build-up or something...I don't know
UPDATE ON 4/29/2011:
So the speakers broke in nicely, and it turns out that I was able to use the amp tio its full potential, I'm just too stupid to understand how to properly set it up All six speakers and the sub have amp power now, and it sounds great.
That crackling/popping noise associated with bass DOES have something to do with the hardtop, though I have NO IDEA WHAT??? It stopped as soon as I took the soft top off, and I know it will resume when I put the hardtop back on before next winter...
Okay so I have spent more dough than I care to think about in the past couple months, so here is what to come, courtesy of the inexpensive mod list in FAQ:
DIY bedline door and hood hinges
Spray paint muffler with black hi-temp paint
DIY Mag light/fire extinguisher rollbar mount
Flip the windshield rearview mirror
Extended breather hoses
Flat washers to recline rear seat
And I think I may pick up a pair of the daystar hood wranglers and the mopar fuel door...
Of course none of this will take place until after I get the damned audio figured out...I didn't touch it last night, my patience level had not rissen enough for me to give it another go
Did you bedline the door and hood hinges yet, if so pictures please (my right one is bubbling like hell)!! Thanks
1) Do a better job of taping your doors off than I did, or remove hinges completely from doors (overspray is not fun to clean up )
2) remove hinges completely, take to your local LINE-X or rhino and have them professionally done. Honestly, it would cost you maybe 5 or 10 dollars more than buying a single can of spray on and tape, it is more durable, and will looks better, IMO.
I taped them off:
280 grit sandpaper
Duplicolor spray-on bedliner (it kept bubbling up on me, but I pressed it down with my fingers about 7 minutess after spraying and applied a second coat - don't worry, it didn't dry like this! I'll snap a close pic of the hinges later
I removed and sprayed the second half of the hinge as well, thought it would look funny otherwise:
It looks good from a distance, but not very pleased with the up-close look...I think I will drop them off at line-x when a good week of weather rolls around (so I can not worry about having to throw the doors back on if bad weather rolls in.
And just because it has never had its doors off before, took a picture of it
Make your life easier by coating the hinge posts with lithium grease...two of mine were a BEAR to remove. Should be easier the next time around.