Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #91
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
Your jeep is looking killer! So I measured my front lca lengths this morning.

left front lca 22 15/16"
right front lca 23 1/16"
Thanks man, I appreciate you checking that for me I think mine are both at 22 7/8", I'll have to check to verify. I didn't end up messing with them when I put the springs in and it seems to ride better than before. Still a slight pull to the left, so I may thread the left one out slightly to see if it corrects.

Waiting for a call from Line-x, they should be done this morning, and my audio stuff should be showing up any minute now as well. Hopefully soon enough that I can complete the install today...my only day off this week

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #92
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post

I did not use the retaining cup (or whatever its called) in the rear, that mounts above the coil. This kept the front and rear level. I'll hold onto these in case I need them after I eventually install a heavier rear bumper VV

Also because I couldn't get them off of the Teraflex budget boost spacer
I suggest you put that rubber cushion (retainer) back in there on top of the spring. Metal on metal is not a good idea here. It will likely move around and wear out that perched as it is not designed to fit like that.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #93
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I might - teraflex instructions said to remove it for lighter weight applications, but I think it should still be up there.

I'm scratching my head confused as hell with this damned audio install. UGGH Hopefully I can get it ironed out today.

I'll update later with pics of line-x, it turned out great!
Unread 03-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #94
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

I hit a brick wall about 1100 p.m. yesterday getting the audio installed, my interior is torn to shreds right now as I try to rebuild my patience before giving it another go. I'm about 70% done I'd say. Having trouble getting power to the amp. Also, they rceommended the re-Q for the sound processor, which is only a 2-channel processor, when I should have got the re-Q5 or whatver its called. So the sound bar speakers are powered by the stock amp, the sub and dash speakers will be powered by the amp, so the 5-channel ended up being overkill, oh well. Also, the tweeters will be powered by the stock amp, separate from the front woofers.

On the plus side, LINE-X done, I didn't end up doing the grille, but had both rear wheel wells done
linex.jpg  
Unread 03-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #95
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I hit a brick wall about 1100 p.m. yesterday getting the audio installed, my interior is torn to shreds right now as I try to rebuild my patience before giving it another go. I'm about 70% done I'd say. Having trouble getting power to the amp. Also, they rceommended the re-Q for the sound processor, which is only a 2-channel processor, when I should have got the re-Q5 or whatver its called. So the sound bar speakers are powered by the stock amp, the sub and dash speakers will be powered by the amp, so the 5-channel ended up being overkill, oh well. Also, the tweeters will be powered by the stock amp, separate from the front woofers.

On the plus side, LINE-X done, I didn't end up doing the grille, but had both rear wheel wells done
Now the overhang of the body inside the fender flares will flow and not stick out and bother you as much.
JFD140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #96
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD140 View Post
Now the overhang of the body inside the fender flares will flow and not stick out and bother you as much.
Yeah it sticks out a little past the flares, we couldn't cut all the way even without opening a gigantic cavity, but being sprayed black it's not quite as obvious. I'll get a side shot as soon as we get the rock rails back on (they're being cut to length as we speak).
Unread 03-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #97
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Why did you decide against using the amp to its full potential? Did you buy all new speakers?
redrelyt12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #98
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
Why did you decide against using the amp to its full potential? Did you buy all new speakers?
I didn't necessarily decide not to...Crutchfield said I would need to use the MTX re-Q...which is only a 2-channel audio processor, when I needed a 5-channel to power everything

I'm going to see how it turns out running the rears from factory amp, and the rest from the Jensen - if I'm not happy, I'll get Crutchfield to exchange for the 5-channel processor. I'm enlisting the help of a guy that works for one of our aftermarket companies if I can't get it figured out after work today. I'll see what his suggestions are (he is an audio genius) and go from there.

UPDATE ON 4/29/2011

Refer to my explanation on the next page - I was able to use the amp to its fullest potential - a local car audio shop helped me realize this
Unread 03-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #99
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Here it is with the rails and flares back on, before/after for contrast

Before pinch seam/rock rail trim and line-x

And After

The guys at Line-X were nice enough to spray a couple spots inside the front fender with undercoating to cover up some visible red at no charge
Unread 03-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #100
fergyjk
2010 JK Wrangler 

Amazing how much of a difference that makes. Looks great.
fergyjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #101
saceone

wow!! I never noticed that because my JKUS is black but it does make a huge difference !
saceone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2011, 08:06 AM   #102
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Okay so I have spent more dough than I care to think about in the past couple months, so here is what to come, courtesy of the inexpensive mod list in FAQ:

Drill mirrors
DIY bedline door and hood hinges
Spray paint muffler with black hi-temp paint
DIY Mag light/fire extinguisher rollbar mount
Flip the windshield rearview mirror
Extended breather hoses
Flat washers to recline rear seat

And I think I may pick up a pair of the daystar hood wranglers and the mopar fuel door...

Of course none of this will take place until after I get the damned audio figured out...I didn't touch it last night, my patience level had not rissen enough for me to give it another go
Unread 03-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #103
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Well....I gave the audio another go, and so far all I have managed to do is replace the speakers....install the amp (which is finally getting power) and make it so the audio cuts in and out at the left rear, is constant in the tweeters, and non existant from the sub and the front woofers.

I gave up this afternoon and I'm going to leave it with columbus car audio tomorrow, I can't handle this **** haha
Unread 03-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #104
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

Look at it this way, now you have more time for the other mods.......
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #105
trav87
2010 JK Wrangler 

The updates look great so far! I hear you on the audio part. I have always done my own installs in the past and it was a breeze. Now with all the adapters and crap needed I have had my headunit in and out 3 times trying to get it all working (finally works) and I never got it to work in my WK.
[COLOR="Blue"]Blue WK Club Member #7[/COLOR]
This post may have been influenced by whiskey
trav87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.