Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 03-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #76
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post

That needs a winch...

redrelyt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #77
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

I know I am doing my best to hold off and leave Staci a good b-day present for me...it may be an unsuccessful attempt at self-control

It looks more naked every time I look at it...
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #78
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hey Mike,

The JK is looking good............. Since the bumper weighs 95lbs, is that why you were thinking of swapping in coils?
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #79
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Jacket View Post
Hey Mike,

The JK is looking good............. Since the bumper weighs 95lbs, is that why you were thinking of swapping in coils?
Thanks man

Yeah, it squats the front down a little bit (not terribly), and I wouldn't mind a little more lift. I'm having a hard time prioritizing my mod list

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
That bumper with those flares is perfection, sick looking jeep man

While you wait for a winch, why not grab 2 KC's or 2 PIAA's or 2 whatevers and throw them on there to cover up the nakedness?
The lights will be windshield hinge mount, though temporary on the bumper is not a bad idea! Curious as to if they will have enough space to mount on the bumper with the winch as well?
Unread 03-04-2011, 05:13 AM   #80
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

Who's winch are you planning to install? I have seen some killer deals on the Warn 9.5ti's.

If you're interested, I have 2 brand new Warn 3/4in D-ring shackles taking space up in my garage. For $20.00 you get to fill two of those empty holes on that PSC bumper....................
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 05:16 AM   #81
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Jacket View Post
Who's winch are you planning to install? I have seen some killer deals on the Warn 9.5ti's.

If you're interested, I have 2 brand new Warn 3/4in D-ring shackles taking space up in my garage. For $20.00 you get to fill two of those empty holes on that PSC bumper....................
Done and done I'd be happy to free up all of that space in your garage

I'm running out to Trailquest today to pick up my BDS adjustable rear track bar...you around today?

Edit: Don't think I'm going to drop the coin on a Warn...considering one of two Superwinches, probably the EPi 9.0 - I found a chart somewhere at one point that compared all of the winches...the EPi had a faster line speed, could hold more line, and better warranty at a decent price than the comparable ramsey, warn, and smittybilt if my memory serves me right (which it might not)
Unread 03-04-2011, 06:04 AM   #82
ChaseAsher
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

that thing is looking better and better, I really need to stay out of these threads before I end up buying one of these bad boys.
ChaseAsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #83
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Done and done I'd be happy to free up all of that space in your garage

I'm running out to Trailquest today to pick up my BDS adjustable rear track bar...you around today?

Edit: Don't think I'm going to drop the coin on a Warn...considering one of two Superwinches, probably the EPi 9.0 - I found a chart somewhere at one point that compared all of the winches...the EPi had a faster line speed, could hold more line, and better warranty at a decent price than the comparable ramsey, warn, and smittybilt if my memory serves me right (which it might not)
Good mail in rebate on the smittybilt comp series winches!
Unread 03-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #84
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseAsher View Post
that thing is looking better and better, I really need to stay out of these threads before I end up buying one of these bad boys.
+1! Almost bought some stuff last night!
Unread 03-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #85
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hate having a local 4x4 shop...impulse buys are so much easier in person

I almost bought a winch, then realized how heavy it is...the wieght the front bumper added, plus the weight of the winch, would have squatted the hell out of my front end....

So I talked them into parting out a Teraflex 3" lift kit - bought the 3" springs as well as a BDS adj. rear track bar for a total of $519...I'm now worried that I may need the rear spring retainers...can't remember whether the BB I have on now will have what I need...only one way to find out going to install now.

What have you guys that run a 3" lift set your front adjustable LCAs at? I'm trying to avoid as much tinkering as possible.

Mike
Unread 03-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #86
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

So I got the new springs installed, teraflex 3" springs, as well as the adjustable rear track bar.

I did not use the retaining cup (or whatever its called) in the rear, that mounts above the coil. This kept the front and rear level. I'll hold onto these in case I need them after I eventually install a heavier rear bumper VV

Also because I couldn't get them off of the Teraflex budget boost spacer

So the spring hits the upper perch like this

I would guess (I was too absentminded to measure) that I netted an extra 1-1.5"

I think as she sits, she could fit 37s without issue, other than needing a regear.

I did not adjust the front LCAs, hoping that the difference would be negligible. I'll put a few miles on her tonight to help determine whether I will need to do so. Getting the extended bump stops back in was a PITA by the way...I ended up soaking them with wd40 and wedging a piece of 2x4 between the coils and under the bump stop, then jacking the axle up until it forced them in...hopefully this little tidbit helps someone out down the way

EDIT: I have my stock unlimited rubicon with trailering package coil springs (the stiffest stock) as well as all of the budget boost spacers and the rear track bar relocation bracket available for sale. Someone wanting to add on a budget boost would need only extended bump stops and rear sway bar links. PM me if interested.
Unread 03-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #87
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

My rear fender flares are attached with two bolts and five self-tapping sheet metal screws...I will be removing the rears for Line-X to spray - will the five screws reattach the rear flares without issue, or are they a one-time deal?
Unread 03-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #88
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

The self tappers should be O.K. as long as you finger thread them to get them started in the same threads you made the first time and be careful not to over tighten.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #89
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
The self tappers should be O.K. as long as you finger thread them to get them started in the same threads you made the first time and be careful not to over tighten.
Good deal, thanks for the reassurance

Got it back in the body shop today...I was too squeamish to make the cuts alone

Removed the rails and drew out the cut

Filled the cut with body compound and sanded down

Hit it with a couple layers of engine paint

I'll be dropping it off at LINE-X tomorrow tomorrow to have the entire surface where the flares mate and the inside of the wheel wells sprayed, as well as the front grille. We're holding off until after LINE X does their job to cut and remount the rock rails.

Oh - I ordered a bunch of audio goodies from Crutchfield today as well...I'll write-up my install when they come in (Wednesday hopefully), how to substantially upgrade audio while retaining factory head unit
Unread 03-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #90
Metalman
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

What have you guys that run a 3" lift set your front adjustable LCAs at? I'm trying to avoid as much tinkering as possible.

Mike
Your jeep is looking killer! So I measured my front lca lengths this morning.

left front lca 22 15/16"
right front lca 23 1/16"
Metalman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.