Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

We still have some great deals going on!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 10-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #796
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

This was my first car...a '96 suburban 2500 with a 454. My parents have had it parked at their farm for years...ill be taking it off their hands, tuning it up, and using it as my tow rig she's a little rough, but I'm excited to have her back...man does this truck bring back memories

Sent from my Android

forumrunner_20111030_130803.jpg   forumrunner_20111030_130826.jpg   forumrunner_20111030_130858.jpg  
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #797
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

So awesome....GM was so stupid for discontinuing the 2500 Suburban. Used a few of these at work, they can carry the troops and haul a couple of scissor lifts. Do you have a trailer yet?

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #798
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

You actually can still get a new 2500, you just have to special order it. At least you can with the Yukon XL, not sure about the burban.

No trailer yet, need to get the suburban into the shop and determine how much I need to spend to get her right.

Sent from my Android
Unread 10-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #799
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

If you can find a tilt bed Hudson around you'll have a trailer for life. I've used them for years they are damn near bullet proof and the tilt bed is super convenient.

Build Thread

Unread 10-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #800
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi
If you can find a tilt bed Hudson around you'll have a trailer for life. I've used them for years they are damn near bullet proof and the tilt bed is super convenient.
I do like the tilt trailers, but will probably stick with a standard car hauler for the weight savings...300-400 lbs difference I think

Sent from my Android
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:44 AM   #801
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

That suburban is going to make for one big comfy tow rig.

Sent from my crane
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #802
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Messing around while waiting on the rollback...I was going to say I was displeased with the amount of rear stuff given the clearance up front, but then realized I didn't disconnect the sway bar...

Connected

forumrunner_20111102_094002.jpg

forumrunner_20111102_094122.jpg

forumrunner_20111102_094320.jpg

Disconnected...a little better...ignore the first pic below, its the connected one from above. Out in the middle of nowhere with crap cell service, so its doing funny things

Edit ignore this post altogether, its got em all mixed up, ill have to fix it when I'm back to civilization

Sent from my Android
forumrunner_20111102_094041.jpg   forumrunner_20111102_094419.jpg   forumrunner_20111102_094755.jpg  
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #803
slimtim454
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
This is why I love giant eagle
Wow. I wish we had Giant Eagle in New England
slimtim454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #804
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Got my suburban to the shop

forumrunner_20111102_131056.jpg

Pumped a little fuel out, and it smelled fine. With a jump, it fired up with some spitting and sputtering. Brake lines are rusted through and spraying fluid, fuel lines are ok, but ill replace them when I replace the fuel pump and brake lines. Very excited to dive into this project - this vortec 7.4 suburban was my first car - why let it sit at my parents farm and wither away when it could be a perfectly good tow rig it has way fewer miles on it than I thought...I was sure it was 312k, but its only 212

Sent from my Android
Unread 11-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #805
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

I stopped liking tilt beds a while back - I was 15 I think - race car blew engine leaving about 70 lbs off of front of car. We rolled car on - would not tilt down - I jumped up on trailer with feet just behind front tire of car as I had done many times in past (it was slow to come down when fuel tank full). driver missed the pin but said OKAY - I stepped back, trailer went back up - car moved back two inches trapping my foot. Slammed my head to the ground - after hanging upside down by a severly twisted ankle for what seemed like a week a couple guys jumped up to get it to come back down.

No more tilters for me thank you!

Your Burbie will beat my C20 for comfort any day. But the 415 horses I got in my C will outtow it (0-60 in 6.9with a TJ on the trailer behind it)!
Unread 11-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #806
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
I stopped liking tilt beds a while back - I was 15 I think - race car blew engine leaving about 70 lbs off of front of car. We rolled car on - would not tilt down - I jumped up on trailer with feet just behind front tire of car as I had done many times in past (it was slow to come down when fuel tank full). driver missed the pin but said OKAY - I stepped back, trailer went back up - car moved back two inches trapping my foot. Slammed my head to the ground - after hanging upside down by a severly twisted ankle for what seemed like a week a couple guys jumped up to get it to come back down.

No more tilters for me thank you!

Your Burbie will beat my C20 for comfort any day. But the 415 horses I got in my C will outtow it (0-60 in 6.9with a TJ on the trailer behind it)!
Ouch! Well, so far my experience hasn't included anything like that, of course I'm just hauling equipment not blown up stock cars so until I get into that line of work I'll stick to the tilt bed. Love the convenience. Good to know your head is still intact.

Build Thread

Unread 11-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #807
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
0-60 in 6.9with a TJ on the trailer behind it!
Sounds like a terrible idea but might be very fun to watch

I'm going to guess that a little more than the stock 290hp can be pulled from my big block, but I'm perfectly happy with it's pulling power - the 410 ft lbs. of toque is what makes me

It's actually rated to pull 2,000 lbs more than the 6.5 turbo-diesel was in the same truck.
Unread 11-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #808
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey guys, do me a favor...I am working on getting my fan page put together (on facebook), and am struggling with setting up a landing page for non-fans, under the new facebook setup. I have installed 3 different apps, but none of them work - I think they were all for the tabbed browsing facebook offered before the most recent changes...

Anyways, the favor I ask is this...go to www.facebook.com/bobdanielsbuickgmc and like me, if you would. The more fans the better
Unread 11-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #809
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Done. Good luck.

Bob K.
'13 Black 10A Rubicon JKU
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #810
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

done.
redrelyt12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.