Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 51 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #751 of 2795 Old 10-23-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK
Looks great Mike
Glad to see it and you back in action
Thanks brother

Any TRE recommendations, or is oem the only choice?

Sent from my Android

Mol is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #752 of 2795 Old 10-23-2011, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12
love the plate
Ha ha thanks man, I went around and around on that one...couldn't make up my mind.

Ordered a plate for Stacis Buick Regal T the other day..."nott old"

Sent from my Android
Mol is offline  
post #753 of 2795 Old 10-23-2011, 09:17 PM
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB
 
ArticRubi's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somerville
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post

This is the draglink TRE. Need to pick up another. Is this a parts department part from the dealer, or is there an aftermarket recommendation?
When I did my lift and confused my drag link for my track bar I did something similar to this but not quite so bad. I've been shopping around for steering systems, most of them even when replacing the whole drag link, look like they still require the factory TRE. I've noticed a light "clunk," in the steering, but only when I snap it from 10 to 2, vice versa, very quickly.

From Rubicon to Icon - 4-link, Tons, Atlas Build

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline  
post #754 of 2795 Old 10-23-2011, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi

When I did my lift and confused my drag link for my track bar I did something similar to this but not quite so bad. I've been shopping around for steering systems, most of them even when replacing the whole drag link, look like they still require the factory TRE. I've noticed a light "clunk," in the steering, but only when I snap it from 10 to 2, vice versa, very quickly.
That's probably your intermediate shaft (the bar that goes from the steering column to the joint before the power steering box). That's a pretty common problem on these with no real remedy. Greasing inside the rubber sleeve towards the bottom of the shaft is supposed to help, but it always comes back

Sent from my Android
Mol is offline  
post #755 of 2795 Old 10-23-2011, 09:28 PM
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB
 
ArticRubi's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somerville
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
That's probably your intermediate shaft (the bar that goes from the steering column to the joint before the power steering box). That's a pretty common problem on these with no real remedy. Greasing inside the rubber sleeve towards the bottom of the shaft is supposed to help, but it always comes back
Ugh...I'm annoyed at myself here...I read a thread a few weeks back where a guy put some kind of retaining clip somewhere on the doo-hickey and fixed the problem....long term. He'd had it dealer repaired at least twice, and hasn't had an issue since he fixed it. At the time it wasn't an issue for me so it was like "receive the knowledge, forget where you found it" sure would be great about now

From Rubicon to Icon - 4-link, Tons, Atlas Build

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline  
post #756 of 2795 Old 10-23-2011, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi

Ugh...I'm annoyed at myself here...I read a thread a few weeks back where a guy put some kind of retaining clip somewhere on the doo-hickey and fixed the problem....long term. He'd had it dealer repaired at least twice, and hasn't had an issue since he fixed it. At the time it wasn't an issue for me so it was like "receive the knowledge, forget where you found it" sure would be great about now
Really? Let me know if you find that...I'd be interested to know!

Sent from my Android
Mol is offline  
post #757 of 2795 Old 10-23-2011, 10:38 PM
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?
 
JLC08JK's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Thanks brother

Any TRE recommendations, or is oem the only choice?

Sent from my Android
Here is a suggestion from that other place
http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...-drag-link-end
Probably worth a try
Let us know if you go this route
JLC08JK is online now  
post #758 of 2795 Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 PM
1222
Make mine a Jeep!
 
1222's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Henderson
Posts: 13,239
Hey molshove I must have missed the part where you got your Jeep back on the road. Anyhow congrats and happy wheeling. Now that you upgraded you Jeep and armor those pesky trees, tree stubs, rocks and what not will know you’re not one to miss with this time around.
1222 is offline  
post #759 of 2795 Old 10-24-2011, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222
Hey molshove I must have missed the part where you got your Jeep back on the road. Anyhow congrats and happy wheeling. Now that you upgraded you Jeep and armor those pesky trees, tree stubs, rocks and what not will know you’re not one to miss with this time around.
I'm going back with an axe to one tree in particular...show that jerk who the boss is

Sent from my Android
Mol is offline  
post #760 of 2795 Old 10-24-2011, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK

Here is a suggestion from that other place
http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...-drag-link-end
Probably worth a try
Let us know if you go this route
Exactly what I was looking for...thank you sir

Sent from my Android
Mol is offline  
post #761 of 2795 Old 10-25-2011, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,630
So much for the extra $100 I spent on the "black series" of the MBRP...less than a week later:

Sent from my Android
Attached Thumbnails
ForumRunner_20111025_094152.jpg   ForumRunner_20111025_094307.jpg  
Mol is offline  
post #762 of 2795 Old 10-25-2011, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,630
I'll be honest - fully expected the black to burn away, just not so quickly. Very happy with it otherwise - sounds good, no more gigantic muffler begging to be bashed in at the rear It's a good buy, just don't go for the black edition.
Mol is offline  
post #763 of 2795 Old 10-25-2011, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,630
Oh - I noted this today while aligning the front end...looks like the wheel was dropped or something before being powder coated - there's not a knick on the finish, but a nice bend to the lip Don't know how I overlooked this while mounting the tires
Attached Thumbnails
wheel.jpg  
Mol is offline  
post #764 of 2795 Old 10-25-2011, 11:38 AM
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB
 
ArticRubi's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somerville
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Oh - I noted this today while aligning the front end...looks like the wheel was dropped or something before being powder coated - there's not a knick on the finish, but a nice bend to the lip Don't know how I overlooked this while mounting the tires
That's a damn shame. You haven't had them on long though...rotate it to your spare and buy a replacement rim?

From Rubicon to Icon - 4-link, Tons, Atlas Build

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline  
post #765 of 2795 Old 10-25-2011, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi View Post
That's a damn shame. You haven't had them on long though...rotate it to your spare and buy a replacement rim?
At $312 shipped, I'm not buying **** I may give them a buzz and see if they'll warranty replace it - no damage to the wheel's finish, so it's pretty apparent that I didn't do it.

I did manage to chip the finish on another one with the alignment sensor thing (no idea of their proper name) - So I made it past my first damage, won't hurt so bad now when I ruin them on the trail
Mol is offline  
Reply

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Rock Slide Engineering Rock Sliders flaboater JK Wrangler Technical Forum 6 06-25-2013 03:26 PM
ACE Rock Sliders with Smittybilt SRC Rock Rails? jdog1065 JK Wrangler Technical Forum 14 04-16-2012 03:23 PM
TJ Rock Sliders W/ Rock Tubes. Still ON SALE Richd1963 Wrangler General Discussion 7 06-23-2011 01:07 AM
Red Rock Fabrication Frame Mounted Rock Rail Steps mrsig JK Wrangler Technical Forum 7 03-16-2009 11:16 PM
Rock Protection?? - Warrior Rock Barz Toasterworks TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 2 02-26-2003 06:47 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome