Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #61
saharac
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
96 lbs
Well its not much of a weight saving compared to XHD... It looked much lighter.. anyways, a nice bumper nevertheless.. plus the bull bar might hold up to a hit as compared to the center hoop...

Unread 02-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #62
04sssti
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
This ****'s contagious, isn't it?! I'm going to finish my armor and tweak my suspension some before regearing and considering 37's, though I think I will regear prior to 37s...the 4.10s are a-ok for 35s with the manual, IMO, but couldn't hurt to go a little lower. Figure I have to wear these 35's out a ways before I go dropping the dough on more rubber.
Agreed on the 37's, I wish I could send my 35's back to BFG, have em stretched a couple of inches, send them a few bucks and call it even!!!

Ahhh, my dreamland is full of 37" tires, hot fudge sundaes, and scantly clad women!!!! and beer, sweet, sweet beer!!!! Sorry to get off topic! Although ... it is Friday night and I think 2 out of three tonight may be a possibility!

Have a good weekend gentlemen
04sssti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #63
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04sssti View Post
Agreed on the 37's, I wish I could send my 35's back to BFG, have em stretched a couple of inches, send them a few bucks and call it even!!!

Ahhh, my dreamland is full of 37" tires, hot fudge sundaes, and scantly clad women!!!! and beer, sweet, sweet beer!!!! Sorry to get off topic! Although ... it is Friday night and I think 2 out of three tonight may be a possibility!

Have a good weekend gentlemen
Beer and 37's? God knows you can't pull chicks

Have a good one brother
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #64
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

scantily clad, hot fudge covered women, holding a cold beer. that's what i heard.

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #65
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242much View Post
scantily clad, hot fudge covered women, holding a cold beer. that's what i heard.
It's like you have seen my heaven...

Bumper should be here by end of day Thursday 3/3/11

Portland, OR, United States 02/25/2011 8:53 P.M. Departure Scan
02/25/2011 1:21 A.M. Arrival Scan
Bremerton, WA, United States 02/24/2011 8:30 P.M. Departure Scan
02/24/2011 7:07 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 02/24/2011 7:58 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Unread 03-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #66
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thursday can't come soon enough

Help me determine what to do next...

Here are my options -

Lighting - I bought Silverstar replacement bulbs for the factory fogs that seemed to have good reviews, will install these when I do the bumper on thursday. Want to add two lights to the bumper and two to the windshield mounts, but I am so lost as to what lights will suffice - everyone has an opinion, some are inexpensive, some are extremely expensive, and after doing my research, I'm just as lost as when I knew nothing about lighting.

Things I definitely want to do:

Currie antirock front sway bar (may do the rear as well, though probably separately)
PSC under bumper skid skid

Have not determined a particular brand for the following:
Diff covers
shock skids
gas tank skid
rear corners w/ LEDs
Adjustable rear track bar

Is the difference between the 2.5" spacers and factory coils and actual 2.5" coils more than negligible - if so, how and why? Maybe I will do this?

Want to upgrade the factory speakers as well, think I will go with the polks everybody seems to love so much.

So...keeping to about $600, what should I do now??? Winch is ruled out, I'm saving that as an easy Bday present from Staci.

feel free to jump outside of my list with suggestions

Edit: Anybody know of a company that makes front wheel well liners for fenders without flares?
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #67
0sevenjk
2007 JK Wrangler 

You're killing me with all this ordering ****, man. I remember reading your lift thread the day I installed mine. Since then funds have ceased for me after the Duratracs.
0sevenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #68
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm sorry Been working my arse off so I can afford to nurse this Jeep habit

So what's your vote? What the hell do I do now? I'm about as indecisive as they come... Oh, found a pair of Hella 550's with covers and windshield hinge brackets, wiring, and relay but no three way switch for $70 on Craigslist...thumbs up, yeah?
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #69
0sevenjk
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'd go skids out of the above. Without those more will break and you'll be paying more down the line to fix instead of upgrading.

I'd go river raider full length. I'd get on cutting that pinch, too. I worried about airing down... puncturing a tire... and spending more unneeded money.
0sevenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #70
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Was just staring at the full-length system on RRs website, actually. I'm having a hard time getting my body shop to fit me in for the pinch seams...was supposed to do it for me today, but now put me off till next monday...which means I have to put line-x off as well

If I go that route, don't think I'll do the full set right off the bat - the aluminum option gets real pricey, but think it's worth the difference in weight...which are the most important skids?
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #71
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

My bumper came in today! It took me about an hour and fifteen minutes to install it, one man job. The toughest part was removing the 18mm nuts from the inside of the frame rails...ended up using a big 3/8 drive ratchet with a kinked head (not sure what its actually called, it has a joint right below the drive). It was pretty easy after that

I wasn't sure whether I was suppose to use only the included hardware (washers, 19mm nylock nuts), or use those as well as the steel plates from the factory bumper...I used the steel plates as well.

Getting the dust cover off proved to be a PITA as well...I ended up drilling out the plastic plugs/screws with a 1/8" bit, made quick work of it

Replaced the factory fogs with sylvania silverstar 9145 ST bulbs

The factory fog housing transferred over very easily...the PSC bumper has pre-drilled holes for the stock housing

Aaaaand, the finished product!

Unread 03-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #72
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Love it
I'm building a bumper and some of the style concept will come from that!
Look's great, what's next?

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #73
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Love it
I'm building a bumper and some of the style concept will come from that!
Look's great, what's next?
That's a dangerous question that I wish I didn't have to answer

My local parts guy (Stefan at trailquestDOTcom) ordered me a BDS adjustable rear track bar that should be in today...probably won't have time to pick it up till Monday. Monday (hopefully) or tuesday my body shop will be trimming my pinch seams/rock rails, and within a day or two after that I'll take it up to LINE-X to have the rear wheel wells and the grille sprayed.

I've decided I should order PSCs front skid, for under the bumper, and I think I definitely need an oil pan skid.

That will cover the next several months I think. Currie antirock after that, maybe.

Jim...you should have kept drinking my friend, I think it was less destructive than these damned Jeeps (only kidding)
Unread 03-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #74
04sssti
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
My bumper came in today! It took me about an hour and fifteen minutes to install it, one man job. The toughest part was removing the 18mm nuts from the inside of the frame rails...ended up using a big 3/8 drive ratchet with a kinked head (not sure what its actually called, it has a joint right below the drive). It was pretty easy after that

I wasn't sure whether I was suppose to use only the included hardware (washers, 19mm nylock nuts), or use those as well as the steel plates from the factory bumper...I used the steel plates as well.

Getting the dust cover off proved to be a PITA as well...I ended up drilling out the plastic plugs/screws with a 1/8" bit, made quick work of it

Replaced the factory fogs with sylvania silverstar 9145 ST bulbs

The factory fog housing transferred over very easily...the PSC bumper has pre-drilled holes for the stock housing

Aaaaand, the finished product!

Well done my friend! Truck looks great, I think I NEED one of those front bumpers as well!
04sssti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #75
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

^ Thanks man! I need to give my girl a bath...but might wait to see if the rain comes tomorrow or not.

It's a sturdy bumper, I will give it that. I was surpised to find out that even at 95 lbs, it was pretty easy to throw on myself...was expecting to ask someone to give me a hand with lining the studs up to the frame (maybe that means my rig isn't big enough )

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.