Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 02-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #46
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
Strip clubs

Congrats on the purchase, can't wait to see it man
But strip clubs don't offer free shipping!

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #47
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
But strip clubs don't offer free shipping!
Most orders aren't over $100...they happen $1 at a time
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #48
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Most orders aren't over $100...they happen $1 at a time
If you get a chance could you get some close ups on the fender flares? Im really thinking of hitting the buy button on impulse lol. Even though the money really needs to go to regearing.
JFD140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #49
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Got to use my recovery strap for the first time today If you're familiar with Columbus, Henderson RD between Kenny and High Street (about a two mile stretch) was backed up and moving stop and go at a max of about 8 mph...I got past 315 and realized it was so backed up because a Chevy Cavalier was sitting in the left lane with its hazards on. This poor young girl couldn't move (uphill incline, sheet of ice and snowing pretty heavily), so I pulled in front of her, hopped out and asked what was going on - front tires were past being slicks, wear bars and wires sticking through, she couldn't move. I strapped up and pulled her about 50 yards up the road and onto a side street - sure it's not real recovery, but she was happy and my drive to work was a little more interesting than usual!

Oh, JFD, here is that front shot you wanted - any other angles I am missing you would like? My front bumper should be here March 3rd or 4th and I'll update then I need to get those damned stickers scraped off the windshield
front-shot.jpg  
Unread 02-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #50
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

I want em!

The only thing i do not like, especially with the flares being so narrow, is the full bumper.

I have an XHD and i just bought the storage ends, but i can always take them off.
Unread 02-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #51
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD140 View Post
I want em!

The only thing i do not like, especially with the flares being so narrow, is the full bumper.

I have an XHD and i just bought the storage ends, but i can always take them off.
Yeah, I would assume they wouldn't be tough to sell, given how popular the XHD is.
Unread 02-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #52
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Those fenders are sexy

Time to spend my tax return before I even receive it
im tempted to buy them as well.

They are soooo cheap and are made of steel not plastic. Its crazy that they are so cheap. I wish they were a littttlllle wider in the front but the rear are perfecto.

Yea i thought about selling the storage ends, i even upgraded the lock cylinders to nicer more durable ones.

It just seems weird having such a narrow fender, making the front end appear a lot narrower, and then this huge i-beam of a bumper lol.
Unread 02-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #53
fergyjk
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Edit: THANK YOU to fergyjk for making me aware of the 5% discount code! Saved me about $28 I'll buy you a couple beers if you're ever in the Columbus area
Glad to help!
Just ordered my OR-FAB (83224) from them Wednesday, saved some cash myself.
Another plug for David over at Northridge4x4, from the time I asked about inventory on my bumper to the time I ordered (1 week) they sold out. He got back to me and let me know the situation (3-4 weeks for my order) and attempted to see if I wanted anything else that might be in stock, I've been looking at bumpers since I got my Jeep so I'm sticking to what I wanted. Great effort on his part to help, but I can handle the wait...maybe.
Definately going to buy from them again.
fergyjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #54
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Those fenders are sexy

Time to spend my tax return before I even receive it
Quit dragging your feet and get 'em filed man! Go with direct deposit...you'll get your $ back much quicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyjk View Post
Glad to help!
Just ordered my OR-FAB (83224) from them Wednesday, saved some cash myself.
Another plug for David over at Northridge4x4, from the time I asked about inventory on my bumper to the time I ordered (1 week) they sold out. He got back to me and let me know the situation (3-4 weeks for my order) and attempted to see if I wanted anything else that might be in stock, I've been looking at bumpers since I got my Jeep so I'm sticking to what I wanted. Great effort on his part to help, but I can handle the wait...maybe.
Definately going to buy from them again.
Ah that sucks man! Worth the wait for what you really want, though I'll be excited to hear how the orfab works out for you...I almost went that route.
Unread 02-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #55
saharac
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

So the jerk talked me into spending more money...I ordered the Poison Spyder brawler front bumper with brawler bar, already powder coated, with shackle tabs. I won't tell you how much I paid so as not to make anybody mad that might be looking, but let's just say I got a hell of a deal.
Thats a really cool looking bumper... I wish I knew of it when I bought my XHD last June.. Can you let us know how much it weighs???
Unread 02-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #56
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepveda View Post
Thats a really cool looking bumper... I wish I knew of it when I bought my XHD last June.. Can you let us know how much it weighs???
96 lbs
brawlerlight.jpg  
Unread 02-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #57
ChaseAsher
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

that bumper is going to look awesome!
ChaseAsher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #58
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseAsher View Post
that bumper is going to look awesome!
Thanks, bro, I'm pretty excited! The one downfall is that it does not have a recessed winchmount, which would have been great. I do like that it retains the factory fog lights, and it's produced by PS...if their name is on it, you know it's quality.

EDIT on 04/05/2012 - I just GAGGED and vomited all over myself, as I read back through the htread, knowing that I ever unknowingly supported those scam artists. You'll find out why later in this thread. bastids.
Unread 02-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #59
04sssti
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey Mol,

Let's see a pics of the rear wells line-xed. Truck looks great! You b@stard, now you have put the evil and delicious idea of flat flares, new front and real PS bumpers and son-of-a-b@#ch new 37's to complete the look!!!!

Seriously truck looks sick and I hope to follow in your ever deeping (if that's a real word) footsteps!
04sssti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #60
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04sssti View Post
Hey Mol,

Let's see a pics of the rear wells line-xed. Truck looks great! You b@stard, now you have put the evil and delicious idea of flat flares, new front and real PS bumpers and son-of-a-b@#ch new 37's to complete the look!!!!

Seriously truck looks sick and I hope to follow in your ever deeping (if that's a real word) footsteps!
Don't have 'em line-xed yet, need to trim my pinch seams/rock rails first, and my body shop is swamped getting as much done before end of month as they can. Hopefully I'll have that done next week, and subsequently have the grill and wheel wells taken care of too. My wallet hurts, so I think I will hold off on having the tub done, for now.

This ****'s contagious, isn't it?! I'm going to finish my armor and tweak my suspension some before regearing and considering 37's, though I think I will regear prior to 37s...the 4.10s are a-ok for 35s with the manual, IMO, but couldn't hurt to go a little lower. Figure I have to wear these 35's out a ways before I go dropping the dough on more rubber.

Edit: Forgot to say thanks for the compliment....thanks man!

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.