Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #31
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyjk View Post
Like you, I was considering the Rugged Ridge but it seems every other Jeep has one. Very popular bumper based on the simplicity and cost. If you want something that is less common but along the same stubby style my vote is an OR-Fab, planning on ordering mine this week. Northridge4x4 has them at the best price and free shipping, they've even got a discount code "discount" going for 5% off. I'm liking the fender flares, definitely need a stubby to go with them.
Your rig is looking good, looking forward to follow your progress.
Thanks man, I'll take a look at the or-fab.

I'm thinking about having my rear wheel wells line-xed, rather than reinstalling the rear inner liners...mainly because I have no idea how to reinstall them, and I really don't like the red showing. I'll have the tub done at the same time, and the front bumper is also on the list of the next to-dos.

Managed to blow several of my speakers last weekend when I took the top off and turned it up pretty loud for a party we went to at sibs weekend Ohio University Gotta replace those now too

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #32
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

If you want an ultra simple bumper for a great price JeepSwag is closing these out for $150 > http://www.jeepswag.com/bumper/index.html

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #33
fergyjk
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove
I'm thinking about having my rear wheel wells line-xed, rather than reinstalling the rear inner liners...
Really liking that idea, that'd be my preference also.
fergyjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #34
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
If you want an ultra simple bumper for a great price JeepSwag is closing these out for $150 > http://www.jeepswag.com/bumper/index.html
HAve you had the opportunity to put your hands on this? I think there might be two downfalls...no option for underskid protection, and I wonder how stout the bumper itself is...know what I mean?

But for $150...hell
Unread 02-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #35
WhiteJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Your rig's looking real good
WhiteJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #36
Woods
2007 JK Wrangler 

Pic of my personal bumper. I've put it through Hell:

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
HAve you had the opportunity to put your hands on this? I think there might be two downfalls...no option for underskid protection, and I wonder how stout the bumper itself is...know what I mean?

But for $150...hell
Unread 02-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #37
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
Pic of my personal bumper. I've put it through Hell:

I have one sitting in my shopping cart on your website now...how many of those light mounts come standard, if any...I guess my question is, do I need to add the light bracket kit to my order?

Mike

Edit: Would you consider fabricating some sort of bull bar, mini stinger, at an extra cost obviously?
Unread 02-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #38
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Something like this
jsbumper.jpg  
Unread 02-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #39
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

^ lol u are no artist
JFD140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #40
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

10char
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #41
Woods
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Something like this
The way to do it, would be to not use the factory tow hooks and attach to the top of the bumper (weld a bracket on) and run a support bar to the frame.

I don't do custom work and if I did, it would be a $300 bull bar on a $150 bumper.
Unread 02-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #42
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
The way to do it, would be to not use the factory tow hooks and attach to the top of the bumper (weld a bracket on) and run a support bar to the frame.

I don't do custom work and if I did, it would be a $300 bull bar on a $150 bumper.
Point made

It's official...I ordered the Poison Spyder BFH front bumper with brawler bar, shackle tabs added. $411 shipped from Northridge 4X4 (free shipping on orders over $100 and 5% off with coupon code "discount")

Edit: Is there a benefit to powder coating, vs. line-xing the front bumper? I'm having Line-X do my grill and inside the rear wheel wells, figure they can do the PS bumper at the same time...

Edit: THANK YOU to fergyjk for making me aware of the 5% discount code! Saved me about $28 I'll buy you a couple beers if you're ever in the Columbus area
Unread 02-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #43
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Ok, scratch the BFH bumper...I changed my order

I just learned why David at Northridge4x4 is so highly regarded...He called me on my cell phone to double check that I understood that a few inches had to be cut off the frame rails to properly install the BFH front bumper...I had no idea. Would Quadratec or many other large sites have done this? Hell no!

So the jerk talked me into spending more money...I ordered the Poison Spyder brawler front bumper with brawler bar, already powder coated, with shackle tabs. I won't tell you how much I paid so as not to make anybody mad that might be looking, but let's just say I got a hell of a deal.

I told him, and I will tell y'all the same - I will bring every bit of business his way that I can from here forward. He's got my stamp of approval
Unread 02-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #44
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

To Dave, He's on it every time!
When I went on-line and ordered the OME Extra heavy coils for the back of my Jeep my phone was ringing before I had a chance to log off of the Northridge site.
He was calling to tell me that the extra heavy springs were way to stiff for most applications and that he wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting.
After his consultation I went with the heavy rather that extra heavy springs and couldn't be happier.
Plug for Northridge > http://www.northridge4x4.com/jk-products.php

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #45
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

^ Yep, I was amazed. Can't find that kind of service many places, today.

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.