Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 06-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #331
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
FWIW, the RE-q5 did not fit very well behind the glovebox. I tried every which way, but just couldn't get it sitting safely with the harness in a safe place.

Remember the re and the -5 are different (significantly) sizes. The two channel will fit in a bunch of places, the 5, not so much....
Ahh...didn't realize the re-q5 was that much larger

Got my KCs wired up yesterday afternoon - went very smoothly. Here's a few pics...these buggers are freaking bright.

Mounted the relay inside the battery tray, far enough away that it shouldn't impede a battery swap.

Ran through the windshield bracket, behind the cowl, and instead of dropping over next to the weather stripping, I ran it down the left as you can see. did the same on the opposite side.

Mounted the switch here...out of sight, easy to reach

Hi I'm terry and I like boobs, sheep, knives, guns, mobile homes, bomber hats and FSJs and old novas, the Ohio state buckeyes, younger women, planes, porsches, semi trucks, guys who spell their name THom, women who love cats and Prius', men who play or used to play rugby, thigh highs, red heads, blondes, brunettes, brown heads, and the dimples right above the crack of a womans bottom.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #332
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Time to wash out the truck dude.

Nice job on the install. Wanna take a drive out to beautiful AZ and help me with mine?
Unread 06-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #333
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
Time to wash out the truck dude.

Nice job on the install. Wanna take a drive out to beautiful AZ and help me with mine?
Yeah yeah. I'll get around to it one of these days haha...brother is in town for about 2 weeks before he leaves the country for 4 years...I have been busy exercising my liver and not my hose

I love AZ - have family in awahtukee (sp?). Too long a drive for a KC install though, sorry brother
Hi I'm terry and I like boobs, sheep, knives, guns, mobile homes, bomber hats and FSJs and old novas, the Ohio state buckeyes, younger women, planes, porsches, semi trucks, guys who spell their name THom, women who love cats and Prius', men who play or used to play rugby, thigh highs, red heads, blondes, brunettes, brown heads, and the dimples right above the crack of a womans bottom.
Unread 06-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #334
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Yeah yeah. I'll get around to it one of these days haha...brother is in town for about 2 weeks before he leaves the country for 4 years...I have been busy exercising my liver and not my hose
Well have fun with that and thank your brother for me.

Quote:
I love AZ - have family in awahtukee (sp?). Too long a drive for a KC install though, sorry brother
Oh trust me, give me the justification and I'll add a bunch more to that list. Just DARE me!!!!

Unread 06-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #335
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Got my tuffy flip n lock and rear security deck enclosure installed also removed my hinges, wire wheeled, sand blasted, and repainted. I'll be reinstalling them tomorrow...when I install (with help) the sleeve and gusset, drag link flip kit, track bar, and tie rod!!
forumrunner_20110622_220328.jpg   forumrunner_20110622_220408.jpg   forumrunner_20110622_220456.jpg   forumrunner_20110622_220526.jpg   forumrunner_20110622_220614.jpg  

forumrunner_20110622_220651.jpg  
Unread 06-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #336
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

And a few more...polished the hinge bolts or whatever they're called...see the before and after, they rusted up pretty well.
forumrunner_20110622_220902.jpg   forumrunner_20110622_220931.jpg   forumrunner_20110622_220955.jpg   forumrunner_20110622_221026.jpg   forumrunner_20110622_221111.jpg  

forumrunner_20110622_221142.jpg  
Unread 06-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #337
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

The wife want to know what I want for my bday...I said nothing...she insisted and gave me a budget of $250.

Synergy ball joints
Or
PSC brawler lite front skid
Or
Teraflex forged rear track bar kit with clevite ends
Or
*insert suggestion here*

I'm leaning towards the ball joints...

Edit: disregard, I can't let her spend that much on a meaningless bday...I asked for the tuffy conceal carry box
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #338
bigworm36
2011 JK Wrangler 

So I got my jeep a few months ago telling myself I could not modify anything for at least one year. Well after wheeling this weekend I put a gouge on my bumper from rubbing on a rock and now I find my self looking for a nice front a rear bumper.

Current- 2011 Rubicon Unlimited
bigworm36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 04:42 AM   #339
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigworm36
So I got my jeep a few months ago telling myself I could not modify anything for at least one year. Well after wheeling this weekend I put a gouge on my bumper from rubbing on a rock and now I find my self looking for a nice front a rear bumper.
And the journey begins....get ready to open the wallet! I can promise you though, that its some of the most fun spending you can do

My best piece of advice for you is this: Read read read and read some more. Do as much research as you can, and base your purchases off of the products you think will moat closely tailor to your needs/driving habits. Don't cut corners, even if it means waiting a little longer because you have to save a few extra pennies.

Oh...and if you love your rig, do not buy rough country, or skyjacker anything
Unread 06-23-2011, 05:12 AM   #340
jeeperjk
Web Wheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh...and if you love your rig, do not buy rough country, or skyjacker anything
Haha...
jeeperjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 06:56 AM   #341
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

Dude, you suck!! I've been trying hard not to spend any cash until I figure out what's going on with the Army (medical retirement or re-class), then I see your thread and start surfing for my next mod! As always, she's looking good.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]2008 Unlimited Rubicon [COLOR="Red"]Flame Red[/COLOR] 4.10 gears. Auto. Tow Package. 3" Synergy Lift w/ RK RRD shocks. RK front and rear bombproof track bars, RK Adj. Front LCA's. 35x12.50x17 Cooper STT's. Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Front Stubby with hoop. Smittybilt XRC-8 winch. Bed-Lined Grill mod with mesh inserts.[/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]"A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...." - Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/ayres56-build-thread-1199203/"]Ayres' Build[/url]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="5"]SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM[/SIZE][/FONT]
Ayres56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #342
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Is that the Tuffy rear deck inclosure?

If it is, how do you like it? I need something like that for mine when the lid is off....
Unread 06-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #343
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18
Is that the Tuffy rear deck inclosure?

If it is, how do you like it? I need something like that for mine when the lid is off....
Love it, install was way easier than the Mygig cover.
Unread 06-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #344
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayres56
Dude, you suck!! I've been trying hard not to spend any cash until I figure out what's going on with the Army (medical retirement or re-class), then I see your thread and start surfing for my next mod! As always, she's looking good.
Sorry
Unread 06-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #345
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry
Hahaha.......I can see into my future....and I see lights........

Windshield mounted KC lights.....

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.