Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 184 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #2746
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi View Post
I'm annoyed I haven't received a response from mike on my Beiber hair comment. It usually comes down to
he's probably trimming it so it flows in the wind just so

Unread 11-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #2747
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi View Post
Also nice when it gets bumped with pics. Good probability of seeing either hot wife or sweet Beiber hair.
I hate your face

My hair is especially long currently

Getting it cut tomorrow
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #2748
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
I hate your face

My hair is especially long currently

Getting it cut tomorrow
Thought you were going with the look that Brady and Beiber had a baby
Unread 11-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #2749
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOKIES2010 View Post

Thought you were going with the look that Brady and Beiber had a baby

Still haven't cut my hair and I'm 9 days deep into Movember...I look like like a ****ing vagrant currently haha
Unread 11-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #2750
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Still haven't cut my hair and I'm 9 days deep into Movember...I look like like a ****ing vagrant currently haha
Ahhh... Movember, making all men look like members of the Taliban since the early 2000's!
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #2751
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Price of the jeep dropped to a firm $26k. That's a smoking deal...you couldn't buy a stock rubi and put a out of the box suspension and tires on for that price.

Who's buying?
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #2752
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ill give you $4

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #2753
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

if you have it still in february 2015. ill buy it. by that time....$20k
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #2754
GoodysGotaCuda

Quote:
That's terrible advice, I'm sorry to say and don't mean to be offensive. Stock pump, stock reservoire? The only increase in fluid volume is from the addition of the cooler, which is negligible at best. The PSC system runs a larger reservoire, a higher flow pump with a larger idler pulley and therefore a larger serpentine belt. That ram needs more pressure behind it, and a pump that can afford to push the extra pressure.

That write up even says, He has only just tried this and can't yet report back...just wait, that jeep will be tearing through pumps. Mine couldn't keep a working pump with a large trans cooler inline.

.I'm a believer in getting what I pay for, and doing it right the first time. I have learned from doing it the cheap way too many times in the past. If I can't afford to do it right now, I'll save and do it right later.

The DIY aspect is great, but that "write up" skips over several necessary aspects of a properly designed system.

While seeing where my thread was being posted, I wanted to comment on this.

Over a year later of daily driving and many wheelin' trips with locked/37s, I am still on my factory 70,000 mile power steering pump.

Far from "tearing through pumps"...

So if you're still interested in discussing where my thread lacks in "properly designed system", I'd love to discuss it. Feel free to post in that thread so we can all go over it.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80502
GoodysGotaCuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #2755
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I''l give you tree-fiddy

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #2756
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
While seeing where my thread was being posted, I wanted to comment on this.

Over a year later of daily driving and many wheelin' trips with locked/37s, I am still on my factory 70,000 mile power steering pump.

Far from "tearing through pumps"...

So if you're still interested in discussing where my thread lacks in "properly designed system", I'd love to discuss it. Feel free to post in that thread so we can all go over it.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80502
Why does a super duty's trans have 5 times the fluid volume of that of a half tons? More fluid = greater heat dissipation for a heavier load application.

While I'm glad that has worked for you - it's still terrible advice. Not everyone is about saving a dollar at the expense of mechanical integrity. I, for instance, was happy to spend a few hundred more for a higher volume tig welded aluminum reservoir, a larger idler pully, a longer serp belt, a heavier, higher volume pump, and some pre made brackets.

Not sure where the $2,000 comes in...I paid $900 and some change and they ported my box for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 11-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #2757
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

wow, mol that price isn't bad! steering is definitely on the short list for me
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #2758
GoodysGotaCuda

Quote:
Why does a super duty's trans have 5 times the fluid volume of that of a half tons? More fluid = greater heat dissipation for a heavier load application.

While I'm glad that has worked for you - it's still terrible advice. Not everyone is about saving a dollar at the expense of mechanical integrity. I, for instance, was happy to spend a few hundred more for a higher volume tig welded aluminum reservoir, a larger idler pully, a longer serp belt, a heavier, higher volume pump, and some pre made brackets.

Not sure where the $2,000 comes in...I paid $900 and some change and they ported my box for me.

Good job on educating the engineer on heat transfer. It's far from bad advice, if you'd like to run through some rough heat generation, heat transfer, fin analysis on the cooler, etc, calculations...I can do that too.

Did you not notice the large cooler in my system? It's the steering cooler off a full hydro setup ran on PSC's Ultra4 racer.

What about the large filter assembly that adds another quart to the system?

Heat dissipation is not a problem here, there is plenty of volume added, about double the OEM power steering fluid capacity actually....But apparently we're still learning about Super Duty versus 1/2 ton volumes and heat dissipation?

Or are we just going to keep drinking the PSC kool-aid and not recognize that there are other methods to achieve better results between stock and a kit that someone picked out for you?

So far the hit in "mechanical integrity", in regards to the system I have, has absolutely no base. It's based on solely opinion and no actual results what-so-ever.
GoodysGotaCuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #2759
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Ahhhh, you're an engineer...

At least the overinflated sense of self-worth and astronomically high level of smug in here makes sense now

You run your hillbilly setup, I'll run mine I spent a few hundred more, and I'm alright with that, because end of the day...

My Jeep > yours

Unread 11-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #2760
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mol I'm sorry you're selling your Jeep. I love the ridiculous (entertaining) and the informative (educational) posts in this thread. Best of luck in your next stage of the trail, we call life.

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.