Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 173 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 05-19-2013, 03:47 AM   #2581
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Awesome

Unread 05-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #2582
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Couple few more...still have to get the others from the other guys

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #2583
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Holiday hill is a blast

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #2584
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
Holiday hill is a blast
The hill is a lot of fun, but the real fun is at the bottom. The big five foot ledge right above the cave that always turns people on their side. I made it this year, and everyone else bypassed or winched. I was happy about that

Unread 05-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #2585
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

^^^^^That's not holiday, by the way...that's an obstacle that nobody has ever gone up before, according to the guides. We ended up over there sort of by accident. Made it out of that one too
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #2586
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Unread 05-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #2587
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

I made it halfway up hairpin, but ended up winching the remainder. Wasn't quite in the right spot, and we had already been at that obstacle for almost three hours. Everybody winched up it but one of the 7 buggies in the group before us. I blew a hydro line at the top of hairpin and had to replace a fitting as quickly as possible. Glad I brought extra field fittings.

Going to have hoses cut and crimped to bring with me to avoid the hassle of trail repairs, going forward.
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #2588
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Made it up and over tombstone in the middle of widowmaker
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #2589
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wow.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #2590
colegrove03

That looks like a great wheeling trip you had there! Are you running the competition Maxxis Trepador bias ply tires? I had been very interested in buying a set myself. If so how you like them? Wondered what type of tread life to expect from a sticky tire
colegrove03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #2591
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colegrove03 View Post
That looks like a great wheeling trip you had there! Are you running the competition Maxxis Trepador bias ply tires? I had been very interested in buying a set myself. If so how you like them? Wondered what type of tread life to expect from a sticky tire
I thought them used with minimal tread left, and regrooved and siped them with a van alstien tire groover. They're within 1/16th of new tread depth without getting into the carcass.

I love the hell out of them. I run them at 3-4 pounds and they just plain work. If you're considering them for a driver, you should reconsider. They flat aide very easily, are very loud, and tough to push without tons of gear. The only reason I drive on them is because I bought them cheap.

I'll likely be selling them and my bead locks this winter to move to the 40s
Unread 05-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #2592
colegrove03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol

I thought them used with minimal tread left, and regrooved and siped them with a van alstien tire groover. They're within 1/16th of new tread depth without getting into the carcass.

I love the hell out of them. I run them at 3-4 pounds and they just plain work. If you're considering them for a driver, you should reconsider. They flat aide very easily, are very loud, and tough to push without tons of gear. The only reason I drive on them is because I bought them cheap.

I'll likely be selling them and my bead locks this winter to move to the 40s
That is great to hear man! I am looking to buy a strictly competition Off road use only tire so I would not be driving with them on the road. I also have 5.38 gearing and are already pushing a set of 37in Toyo's with Spyderlock beadlocks so I have been pushing a bit of weight for some time. I may buy a set if BFG red label crawlers this weekend but would prefer the competition Trepador first but can't seem to find any in a 17. You know of anyone who has run the BFG's to compare the two tires? Also how do you think a Dynatrac Ultimate 44 handle a competition tire? I think it will be ok but may be pushing the limits of the axle if I beat on it too much. Thanks for your help man!
Unread 05-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #2593
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colegrove03 View Post
That is great to hear man! I am looking to buy a strictly competition Off road use only tire so I would not be driving with them on the road. I also have 5.38 gearing and are already pushing a set of 37in Toyo's with Spyderlock beadlocks so I have been pushing a bit of weight for some time. I may buy a set if BFG red label crawlers this weekend but would prefer the competition Trepador first but can't seem to find any in a 17. You know of anyone who has run the BFG's to compare the two tires? Also how do you think a Dynatrac Ultimate 44 handle a competition tire? I think it will be ok but may be pushing the limits of the axle if I beat on it too much. Thanks for your help man!
i had my first hand close-up of 39.5 sticky krawlers this weekend on a buggy with 1 tons and a chevy v8 this weekend. buy the trepadors. I went everywhere he did and most of the time with more ease. I dont like the krawlers after watching them this weekend. Not as soft, and they cant replace the trep's sidewalls
Unread 05-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #2594
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

i have built stock 44s that took a serious beating this weekend with no trouble. I would never consider running sticky 40s with a 44, but I'm happy with the 37s
Unread 05-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #2595
colegrove03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol
i have built stock 44s that took a serious beating this weekend with no trouble. I would never consider running sticky 40s with a 44, but I'm happy with the 37s
Thanks man that helps me with my decision!

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.