Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 05-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #241
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjeep
I may have missed the follow up/update.. were you able to get all the paint off?
Not yet I filed an insurance claim...they ordered katskin vinyl to reupholster the seats, and my body shop will clean what they can and replace what they have to. Just playing the waiting game now

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #242
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Just ordered the Poison Spyder Customs evap skid, ARB diff cover for the front (not worried about the rear for now/don't want to spend the money on it now), and the EVO draglink flip kit from Northridge. Here's to hoping they get here before Friday...though I think that's doubtful. I can hold off on installing the flip kit, but would like to have the evap skid and diff cover for the ride next Saturday.

Mike

Edit: I guess I never updated a previous post - I said that I ordered the Synergy high steer kit, but my local shop, Trailquest, wasn't able to get me any better deal than ordering it directly, so he told me just to get it direct. Went a different route
Unread 05-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #243
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Just noticed the STTs man. Looking good and those tires are unstoppable in any terrain and fairly quiet on the street!

Hope the interior works out for you. And I don't know about the Poison spyder skid but the rugged ridge was much cheaper and beefier in my opinion?

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #244
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler
Just noticed the STTs man. Looking good and those tires are unstoppable in any terrain and fairly quiet on the street!

Hope the interior works out for you. And I don't know about the Poison spyder skid but the rugged ridge was much cheaper and beefier in my opinion?
Yeah I'm real happy with the tires so far, though their testing has been minimal to date. Excited to see what they're all about next weekend

It was only 99 and with the free shipping in combo with the other stuff, I shouldn't have any regrets I have read that the PSC install can be a pain, though
Unread 05-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #245
matinicus
2008 JK Wrangler 

How did you attach the DIY grill mesh inserts?
matinicus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #246
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matinicus
How did you attach the DIY grill mesh inserts?
With zip tie mounting blocks, next to the zip ties at lowes. I used gorilla glue to attach to the grill, but make sure you let it dry for several hours, preferably overnight, before securing zip ties.

Got the mount and fairlead installed today...I had to drill out the holes in the mount to fit the bolts for the fairlead. Used a makita electric drill that has locked on position, and about broke a few fingers when it jammed and took off out of my hand. Unplugged as quick as I could, just a sore hand. Don't use the locking feature on yours if you're drilling in a precarious position, or through hard steel!
forumrunner_20110515_202336.jpg   forumrunner_20110515_202400.jpg  
Unread 05-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #247
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Picked up a few recovery must haves today - hi lift, tree saver, snatch block
forumrunner_20110516_155742.jpg   forumrunner_20110516_155805.jpg   forumrunner_20110516_155825.jpg  
Unread 05-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #248
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Ran out the parent's farm and threw the hard top back on....selling it on Friday
hardtop.jpg   hardtop2.jpg  
Unread 05-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #249
MikeTHIS
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove
Ran out the parent's farm and threw the hard top back on....selling it on Friday
Say what?

Current Mods:
.::Fabtech 3" Lift with Dirt Logics
.::Pro Comp 17" 7005 Wheels
.::Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35x12.5R17 Tires
.::PIAA Windshield Light Brackets
.::PIAA 5296 520 ATP Lights
.::Rugged Ridge Light Bar
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Flood Lights
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlights
.::Truck-Lite 4" LED Spot Lights
.::Katzkin Leather with Seat Heaters
.::20% tint
.::Optima Yellow Top
.::6" Shorty Antenna[/SIZE][/B]
MikeTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #250
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTHIS View Post
Say what?

I'll end up regretting this, and pay more for another one than what I'm selling it for But the hardtop makes my speakers go crazy, for some reason? Static build up or something, I don't know? So I'm selling it, and I'll be selling the OEM soft top and replacing with the ORH combo top.

Hopefully I don't kick myself for this.
Unread 05-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #251
gmcdmb69
2011 JK Wrangler 

So you're selling it cause of the speakers getting crazy?
Unread 05-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #252
Woods
2007 JK Wrangler 

Damn Dude - I thought you were selling the Jeep.

Don't do that to us.
Unread 05-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #253
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

The hard top folks, he's selling the hard top. (I HOPE)

I gotta be honest, I thought you were talking about the Jeep for a second there too. ha
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]2008 Unlimited Rubicon [COLOR="Red"]Flame Red[/COLOR] 4.10 gears. Auto. Tow Package. 3" Synergy Lift w/ RK RRD shocks. RK front and rear bombproof track bars, RK Adj. Front LCA's. 35x12.50x17 Cooper STT's. Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Front Stubby with hoop. Smittybilt XRC-8 winch. Bed-Lined Grill mod with mesh inserts.[/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]"A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...." - Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/ayres56-build-thread-1199203/"]Ayres' Build[/url]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="5"]SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by Ayres56; 05-18-2011 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: waaassssssuuppppp
Ayres56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #254
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcdmb69 View Post
So you're selling it cause of the speakers getting crazy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
Damn Dude - I thought you were selling the Jeep.

Don't do that to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayres56 View Post
The hard top folks, he's selling the hard top. (I HOPE)

I gotta be honest, I thought you were talking about the Jeep for a second there too. ha
No I'm selling the Jeep because I don't like the speakers

yeah ****ing right! haha, no only selling the hard top! The heep leaves for vinyl seats tomorrow morning, I'll have it back Friday morning, selling the hard top to a member on here from NC on Friday at 1, then off to Natural Bridge Kentucky at 330 am fridaynight/saturday morning. 17 pages of this boring stuff and I'll finally have some results to show for my work
Unread 05-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #255
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

How much is that shipping to Winston NC gonna cost??

With all the Jeeps around here I have not found a single hard top for sale, looks like I may have to look at a distance as well.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]2008 Unlimited Rubicon [COLOR="Red"]Flame Red[/COLOR] 4.10 gears. Auto. Tow Package. 3" Synergy Lift w/ RK RRD shocks. RK front and rear bombproof track bars, RK Adj. Front LCA's. 35x12.50x17 Cooper STT's. Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Front Stubby with hoop. Smittybilt XRC-8 winch. Bed-Lined Grill mod with mesh inserts.[/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]"A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...." - Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/ayres56-build-thread-1199203/"]Ayres' Build[/url]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="5"]SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM[/SIZE][/FONT]
Ayres56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.