Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 04-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #166
MikeyN

Spyder logo looks pretty cool. I'll be looking to get that bumper hopefully in the summer. I have a charcoal jeep though, so I'm not sure what colour I'd fill the logo with.

MikeyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #167
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyN
Spyder logo looks pretty cool. I'll be looking to get that bumper hopefully in the summer. I have a charcoal jeep though, so I'm not sure what colour I'd fill the logo with.
Come up with whatever theme color you want, and start having suspension parts anodized that color, swap any decals out to match in color, etc. Make it your own!
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #168
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looking good man! I like the small extra touches that you are giving it.

I am thinking about doing the a/c vent rings but can't decide if I want to do them in red or something less drastic.
Ayres56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #169
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayres56
Looking good man! I like the small extra touches that you are giving it.

I am thinking about doing the a/c vent rings but can't decide if I want to do them in red or something less drastic.
Thanks man Less dramatic is my vote for the interior. I also ran the sub remote to the front
forumrunner_20110424_211722.jpg  
Unread 04-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #170
Setcol73
2011 JK Wrangler 

I noticed in your profile and from pics of your rig (Ohio plates), that you are from Ohio. So, I thought I would ask a quick question. Have you had any trouble with police with the stubby front bumpers? I want to get one, but I am afraid because I do not want to get ticketed every other day. Any advice? Thanks!
Setcol73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #171
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setcol73
I noticed in your profile and from pics of your rig (Ohio plates), that you are from Ohio. So, I thought I would ask a quick question. Have you had any trouble with police with the stubby front bumpers? I want to get one, but I am afraid because I do not want to get ticketed every other day. Any advice? Thanks!
From what I recall, Ohio does not have any laws governing bumper width, only height. None on flares either, so no trouble for me. I'll search for the handy 4*4 site that I have seen posted up in here before that lists all states major laws (maybe its in FAQ, can't recall)
Unread 04-25-2011, 05:36 AM   #172
Will16

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Drilled a very small hole into the bottom of the mirror bracket - allows water to drain when washing, so you don't have to deal with the constant water trickle (I'm a shammi fanatic )

I used 3M reflective tape, with a piece facing red side forward, and another piece, longer than the forward piece, sticky side forward to adhere to the bumper. Threw a couple pieces of high temp aluminum duct tape (actual duct tape) on top for good measure
Hey great idea with the reflective tape! Looks great and so simple! I am planning on the brawler lite bumper as well and been thinking of the best sway to do this. I just might steal this idea!
Will16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #173
Setcol73
2011 JK Wrangler 

I found a link from this forum that leads to liftlaws.com, they list all laws by state and for Ohio bumpers it says something like - bumpers must be 4.5" tall and as wide as the track width. Now, I posted a question about track width, but so far no response. I'm thinking that the track width is either the measurement to the outside of the tires or the inside of the tires. The problem is, I don't know which. I have a feeling, however, this may be a law that is not strictly enforced unless the driver does something to draw attention. Thanks for the response, I appreciate your help.
Setcol73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #174
CCGRUNT0331
2008 JK Wrangler 

Woohoo! Just drove 1000 miles to get 'Bruiser' home!
image-3674182684.jpg  
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #175
04sssti
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGRUNT0331 View Post
Woohoo! Just drove 1000 miles to get 'Bruiser' home!

Hey Mike not to jack your tread, but CC, how do you like those rims? They look great, I was thinking about a set of 17X9 with 37" Toyo MT's. Do I have to worry about any rust on those rims?

Thanks a million!
Tera Flex 2.5" with shocks, Rough Country 1.25" Body lift, 4dr Rubi Unlimited Springs (19's and 60's, gave me 1" in the front and 1.3" in the rear!, get some Rubi springs!!), "Stealth Grill", JKS adj front and rear track bars, 37" KM2's, etc
04sssti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:27 AM   #176
CCGRUNT0331
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well to be honest it's only my 4th day with them, as you said they look amazing and I'm betting they can take some abuse (not that I've out them through anything yet) but I'll keep ya posted! Ya sorry Mike! But you said to keep you "posted" on my acquisition!
Unread 04-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #177
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGRUNT0331
Well to be honest it's only my 4th day with them, as you said they look amazing and I'm betting they can take some abuse (not that I've out them through anything yet) but I'll keep ya posted! Ya sorry Mike! But you said to keep you "posted" on my acquisition!
No apologies necessary! Badass rig man, I'm glad to see it all worked out!
Unread 04-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #178
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Experienced my first bout of "hood flutter" this morning...I was convinced that y'all were crazy when I read about this regular problem, as it never happened to me after installing the PSC bumper. My rear end puckered up pretty good on the freeway this morning I'll be ordering the hood wranglers.

Also, I ordered the aluminum fender liners from Metalcloak on Saturday - here it is Tuesday and still no word from them...no confirmation of shipment, no tracking number, and no response to PMs...anyone know if they're a little slow on getting the stuff sent out, or am I being impatient or unreasonable?
Unread 04-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #179
CCGRUNT0331
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hood wranglers? Daystar replacements? Apparently don't stretch and keep it down in a head wind? On my journey back to Texas it was a constant fluttering, let me know if they make a difference!
Unread 04-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #180
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah apparently they do the trick well - plenty of positive reviews in here

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.